TTC and need advice.....!

freepie

Reaction score
Hi, I need some advice. My husband and I have recently decided that we want to try for a baby. i came off the pill half way through my pack, adn experienced a 5 day 'period' a few days later. i had expected this, as had read about it on a forum. I finished the period on Friday just gone. Last night I went to the toilet and saw that I was bleeding, not watery blood, but quite thick and mucousy.... this has now gone again. i am very concerned about this, as had gone through a 5 day period last week.... Can anyone help me with this?

could just be your body getting back to normal. I were told that you should never stop half way through your pack. Its probably just messed your cycle up a bit. Maybe you should have a word with your GP? :hug:

Hi Jenna,

Thanks for replying... I did not know that I shouldnt stop half way thro.. :oops: .. just was so excited when we had decided to try, that i didnt want to wait another 2 weeks till my period!! :D
I have heard that a lot of people concieve in first month after they stop taking pill, is this true?

Hi Jenna,

yes, that helps a lot, thank you so much. will just have to wait this out i suppose... :)

:wave: hi Freepie

I came off the pill at the beginning of this year to TTC. When I stopped taking it I had about 3 periods within the first month all varying in colour, amount and consistency. I think the last one I was bleeding for about 2weeks heavily so I was 'on' for almost a month. I think its just the way the pill works with all its hormones as periods arent true periods when on the pill. They're fakes!

I was reccomended by my GP to have 2-3 natural cycles before TTC as it flushes out the synthetic hormones and your body can then start its natural hormonal rhythm.

Personally I think it also makes TTC alot easier when you've had a few natural cycles as you'll be able to pinpoint ovulation etc etc and get some perfect timed BD'ing in.

It flies by in no time as I waited 3months. Good luck hunni whatever you decide to do.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back