TTC after Yasmin Contraceptive Pill

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by babylove2016, Feb 19, 2016.

1. babylove2016

babylove2016 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I came off Yasmin mid- January after being on it for about 10 years (started to ease period pains and reduce acne).

I had a withdrawal bleed three days later, got a smiley on an OPK CD14 (assuming CD1 was day one of withdrawal), DTD, due on period now but no sign, just feeling sick, backache, lots of cramps, (TMI) discharge and mood swings. Negative pregnancy test yesterday morning 14DPO.

Anyone else had this and ended up being pregnant or had irregular cycles for a while before conceiving?

2. Prettypee

Prettypee Well-Known Member

I have irregular cycles which drives me nuts - anywhere between 29-39 days! But I've gotten to know the different pains at different times in my cycle and what happens when ish lol just had to use lots of opk (Internet cheapies worked well for me) also I used to get more than one positive opk a month as body would gear up but not actually release an egg- I kept testing until line completely vanishes just in case - took my body a little while to sync after coming off pill so just wait a few more days and try again with a cheap test? The waiting sucks!

3. M1chelle

M1chelle Well-Known Member

I came off the pill in November and have had cycles anything between 22 and 31 days since. Annoyingly my first one was bang on 28 days so I had gotten my hope up that I wasn't going to be irregular! I have had several symptoms during those cycles that I have never had before but it appears they are all ov/af related and I've just never known them because the pill stopped them. I hope your TTC journey is short.

4. Ams1985

Ams1985 Well-Known Member

I came off mine in Jan 2013 because I just didnt want to take it anymore and we were starting to think about having children. I'd heard it can take a while for cycles to regulate after being on the pill (had been on one or another for 11 years) but I Had one longer than usual cycle I think about 40 days and then 33/34 day cycles and when we decided to try in July got pregnant straight away. It might be that it's taking this cycle to settle or you could be pregnant but ovulated later than you thought and it's too early to show? Either way I hope you get your bfp soon xx

#4 Ams1985, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  5. babylove2016

babylove2016 Well-Known Member

That's interesting ladies thank you for sharing. Bodies are such weird things! Still no AF for me (CD 31) but I did experience some (TMI) old blood this morning after sex. Cramps went away but now I'm feeling twinges and have sore boobs. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm not pregnant so just going to wait for my body to sort itself out. I realised it's quite unfair to expect my body to release an egg and get on with it one month off the pill. It's all my body has known for 10 years. So I'm trying to be kinder to my reproductive organs haha!

Fx for all trying for BFPs soon! Keep me updated! Xxx