• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TTC after mc advice

sarah1

Reaction score
Hi
I had a mc a week and a bit ago, it was our first try and first pregnancy. I am just about coming to terms with it now feels like a bit of a whirlwind as only got BFP 2 weeks before. OH and I are unsure of when to TTC again, we are getting married at the end of July, and would hate another mc to ruin our wedding and honeymoon. But at the same time it would be so hard to be getting married knowing that we are still not pregnant and seeing all our pregnant friends with their kids at our party. We will still be so happy of course as we have each other, I guess things just wouldnt be quite as planned.
I know this is a big rant and we should just wait a few months until after the wedding, its just hard work. OH has problems with using condoms and I don't want to take the pill just for a few months either. I've read various things about trying straight away before next period....just wondering about everyone else's experiences really! apologies for the long message xx:wall2:

hi hun sorry for ur loss. i mc in dec last year. we started trying again as soon as bleeding finished. got pregnant again straight away but sadly mc again. dont lets my story put u off u do what ever feels right for u. its so hard to know what t do for the best. good luck xxx

i know exactly how you feel, I had a mc last October I was 17. I completely broke down. Then on the first of February my fiance and I got a puppy to concentrate my love on. Then the next month I found out that I'm pregnant! Everything is going great this time, I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow!

People told me that you'll get pregnant when you stop trying. That is the hardest thing to hear when you really want to start a family. However, I didn't realise how true it was, because as all my attention was on the puppy I kind of forgot about wanting a baby and it happened!!

Maybe you should try the same sort of thing. I'm not saying you should get a puppy but maybe start a hobby club or something. It sounds odd but it really works!!

i didnt try for 2 yrs after mine but had my dd just because one didnt work out doesnt mean the next wont xx best of luck ttc and for wedding

I Started trying as soon as the bleeding stopped after the d&C and guessed my dates from the D&C
We found it hard work as we didn't know the dates and had to try harder and not know if we were bedding at the right time, think it might have been easier to wait in hindsight. Who knows if my body was actually doing anything at all properly so soon after!!

Now I have my period dates - (was heavy and painfull compared to normal) and we are trying again, Hubby is working with me this month as don't think he wants to put up with the emotional stroppy mess again that I was when period arrived! I just want to be past 12 weeks pregnant again by the time my original due date (26th Sept ) comes round, or I will be more of a mess if not pregnant again by then to make it a bit easier perhaps - who knows.

Wishing you all the luck when you try again, whenever feels right for you, or just see what happens X

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.... we have decided that we are ntnp for the time being (altho haven't bd yet after mc as still bleeding a bit) I am a bit similar in that I'd like to be pregnant again when my baby was due..... that's november so I'm hoping I will be.
Bekky you're very strong to go through all that at your age, best of luck with your pregnancy I'm sure everything will be fine. We got a puppy last year as a distraction from wanting to ttc back then!:roll: And you are right, a v good distraction - he is a year old now and still a giddy little noisy fluffy lump! Thankfully I can keep busy with work and wedding stuff and hopefully it will happen again soon xxxxxxxxx:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back