coming off depo provera

Aussiesgirl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
just joined today after googleing my symptoms while on the depo injection.
I have had it constant for 8 years now and i feel it's time to come off for reasons like wierd pregnancy symptoms (why now had nothing all the 8 years i was on it) weight gain put on 2 stone and cannot shift it. and the fact of bone loss and trying for baby 3 hopefully. aldready have 2 boys 13 and 8.

i have no AF so i wondered if you can start taking angus castus my next injection is due beg july which im not having so can in start taking it now to try an kick start my AF.

thanks in advance x

Hi Aussiesgirl :wave:,
Welcome to PF! I was only on Depo for 9 months and looking back the side effects I had on it were awful and I really wish I never had it - it made me so depressed! My injection ran out in sept last year and I had my first proper AF in november, I was really lucky and AF was regular straight away. I did have major pregnancy symptoms while coming off it sickness, tiredness, sore boobs etc I had more symptoms coming off the injection than I have had since my BFP!
I don't have any experience with angus castus as I decided to see how things went naturally and I'm not 100% sure how it works other girls might be able to answer that. I don't know if the high progesterone levels from Depo would stop the angus castus from working until the levels are low enough.
Hope you get some answers
Cat x

Hi Aussiegirl and welcome to PF.

I too was on depo for 8 years, it took 6 months for AF to show up for me but they say it can take up to 18! I dont know whether AC will speed up the process.

Good luck with your TTC journey

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back