Trying to sleeep through contractions

flexilexi394

Reaction score
Still got my contractions which have increased in intensity, starting to struggle talking through them now, and they last a tiny bit longer.

I thought I'd get my head down and catch some z's but every time I get a contraction it's not like you can sleep iykwim? It's hard!

Would like something more to happen tonight really, maybe they get closer or my waters or something. I know I'm completely moving in the right direction as I am having contractions, but they aren't much different exept they hurt more lol. Want to get some sleep but it's very difficult

Oooh good luck! Not sure what to suggest to help you sleep but I think it's definitely a good idea to get some rest while you can. If you can't actually sleep, maybe lying restfully in bed will be next best thing?

Yeah I guess that's kinda what I'm doing, not going to be able to get full on sleep I don't think! This is all very exciting! Lol x

Did you try having a bath hun? It's very exciting! X

eeek come on baby, i wanted u to be here by now!! lol

2mo will be the day, and i recon about 8am, not that im very good at betting,lol

xxxx

ahw soooo exciting for you! it is so hard to try and sleep when something so exciting is happening! i keep checking to see how you doing! loads and loads of luck and hope it all goes really well for you x x x x

Thanks guys. I had a bath a few hours ago, just had a shower, and these are getting closer together! And now I'm starving hungry lol so gonna go have some toast, jeez it's difficult lol. X

It's all sounding so good lexi!! I hope they get worse for you in a good way lol. I'll be checking the forum at each toilet break tonight!

Lol I wish I could sleep. I am just gonna chill on the sofa and put mean girls on I think, and hopefully fall asleep! X

Come on baby!
Hang in there lexi, sounds like your getting closer! Get some rest then up on your feet, keep mobile and get this baby out!!
Loads of labour luck :) xx

Good Luck!!

mine and my friends water broke in bed in middle of night. I woke up soaked at 3am. Try and get rest. Ive heard water break when ur relaxed. Not sure if its true but worth a try x

I think that's true kylie cos my mw was trying to get my waters to break while pushing! That's bloody hard! Lol they ended up being broken after I begged her to do it! Bulging waters ain't comfy!
Right lexi, you have 19hours for this baby to arrive otherwise I lose my physic ability! Lol come on baby lexi!!!

I managed 3 hours then 2 hours! Wasn't bad considerin I was contracting the whole bloody time. Chaz, I have my midwife at 10.30 thi morning and I'm meant to be having a sweep, so I'm quite glad about this as she will check me and let me know what's going on down there I guess. So lets hope I do have her today! I guess the best sign is the contractions being so regular. We shall see what the old wifey says in a few hours lol x

Glad you got some sleeep ? are you managing to eat and all ? Not long now until your appointment :)

was going to suggest taking paracetemol as thats what they give you in hospital before any other pain relief, but as you up now then you wont sleep till definately aftermidwife appointment, but still an option to take them.

ooooo cant wait for the midwife to check hope she says get straight to the labour ward :) your going to be holding you baby soon

Your bound to be dilating with these contractions, hope the MW says that too wouldn't that be great!

Lol I hope so a lot! I'm looking forwardto my bloody appointment, that's quite sad. Lol. X

My MW told me to take paracetamol and co-codamol to help with the contractions at the beginning - it may help you, even if the pain eases a little bit, it's worth a shot :hugs:

Hope all goes well for you with the midwife and sweep x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back