Contractions and timing them.

l_maclean

Reaction score
How do you know when you need to start keeping track and at what point do you start the clock??

I've been having "contractions" on and off since sat afternoon. Saw mw on sun morning, who basically said it was a 'false start'.

They don't feel like the BH's I've been having for the last 4 months, these are more local and I really have to breathe through them.

Sometimes I feel like I've had some really close, like a couple while on the phone, then it's ages till the next one. Plus I'm usually at the deep breathing bit before I think, damn it should I have noted this.

I'm assuming I'm still on the false start thing, but will it become blatantly obvious when I need to start timing etc. our mw unit is like 40mins away, plus I'll prob need time to get hold of DH.

Xxx

With both of mine I wasn't sure I was in labour, my contractions were very irregular, I,d have one after two mins, then the next after 10\15 so I was never sure when to ring, it was when I couldn't sit down that I realised it could be labour, but they were still very irregular. On the way to the hosp I didn't have any and thought they stopped, but when I got there I was 6cm and they didn't get really regular untill I was about 8cm.

I didn't start timing mine till i was skyping my sister in canada! Was feeling sore and grotty after a sweep which mw said she couldn't do cos no sign of anything. Thought the pains were cos of that. Skyping my sister she timed them and said they were 5 mins apart and maybe i should go to hospital. Honestly hadn't crossed my mind this could be it. Had a bath, changed beds etc and timed myself, 2 mins apart! Didn't feel like what i thought labour would but was 4cm!

I had an app on my phone that I used to start with, and then my husband took over when I stopped being capable of doing anything, LOL!

I had an app on my iPod/iPhone ahh I've forgotten what its called now. When I was in labour they were 2 mins apart and lasting 2-3 mins x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back