How bad is the induction drip??

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Debating an epidural.. V painful contractions hardly doing anything but v painful due to low fluid.. They r gonna start me on a drip and break my waters... This means it's going to hurt ALOT more very fast isn't it...

Should I get an epidural?? I have to decide before they take me up later coz I might not be able to get one once they've started...
It's so painful already and I've had these since tues 1am..

I say go with an open mind, if you feel you need it, go for it xc

Sent from my knackered iPhone

Only problem is if I wait and see if I want it, mw said it may be too late to request one as they r v busy.. Such a rushed decision.. I know I've said all along I'll have one at the end coz I wanted one with the girls at the end stages.. But this one is agonizing already!!

Maybe the epidural will give you a nice rest then?? xxx

Sent from my knackered iPhone

After two days of slow labour when I was given the drip I really needed an epi as I was so tired . Not trying to freak you out just my experience .:hugs: best of luck xxxx

I think it may benefit me.. I don't want to be too tired to push and need assistance..

I had the drip & my waters broke with my first & it was v.painfull contractions from when waters got broke but it was only 9 1/2 hours compared to days of contractions with baby no 2. I'd say the very sore part of contractions (before pushing) was alot longer with being induced but that could just be because it was my first.

Good luck with whatever you choose. Hope you are ok! Cant wait to see your updates!!

:hugs:

Thanks babe, can't handle the pain so gonna go with an epi but scared!! Going up now!

Good luck! I was the same as tinytoes, 2 full days of slow labour and no sleep. I asked for the epidural as soon as they said they were going to put me on the drip and I pushed Emily out without assistance 10 hours later.

i had epi n was on drip- you'll be fine hun, i had diamorphine before epi too, takes the edge off the pain and lets you save your energy (i had about an hours sleep too) good luck! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back