Trying infacol

poppypd

Reaction score
My little girl is 4 weeks old and has been getting trapped wind and making all sorts of grimaces, knees up to chest and starting 'desperate' crying more frequently. Last two nights she hasn't been settling back in Moses basket and would only fall asleep on my OH's chest, so we've had a long 2 nights!
Bought some infacol today, have tried it twice today and touch wood it's working. She hasn't grimaced once! Health visitor also suggested propping up the feet of Moses basket so it tips forward a bit to help stomach contents stay in tummy. I might also get a sleeping bag as a friend suggested today that if she stays warm in the bag during night feeds she might go back in basket better?
Fingers crossed we get a better night, any other suggestions greatly appreciated. Xx

Keeping her upright for a while after she's fed. We do this with our Lo and it works great xx

Stick with infacol before every feed, made a huge difference for us

Stick with infacol before every feed, made a huge difference for us

Agree, we still use it. Makes winding much easier and less painful. I also think its a good lining for their tummies especially after long stretches of sleep and then having a bottle. It surely can't make them feel very good afterwards when you hear the milk hitting their bellies at first.

I did Sophie with two droppers every feed and now she's on one.

I've been using infacol since LO was 4 days old and at 7 weeks have just stopped using it as I think she has build up a immuniaty to it.

She has never been a big burper but since Monday stopped completely and has been in distress at every feed (crying while eating even though she is hungry), only taking half her normal amount, bringing knees up and really unsettled. So after speaking to a friend stopped using it and found that she has been burping better and is starting to eat again.

I do really recommend it as it definatly helped LO in the beginning but I would not recommend it for long term use and will only go back to it if she stopped burping again.

Thanks for your comments, we had a better night and during the day today she is very settled after a feed. I will take on board your suggestion they can become immune to it. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back