Baby really unsettled

TORino

Reaction score
I know she is only very new but I'm struggling to settle Tilly. She looks really really distressed and I dont know what is wrong with her. It's been much worse overnight.

:(

On day 3 of the hormone crash this is leaving me rather upset tbh.

Last night she wouldn't sleep at all in the Moses basket and I didn't get any kip until hubby took her at 5.30am.

I am a zombie today as a result!!

Any tips for me? What are your tricks? The Moses basket seems to be if particular issue.

Have you tried swaddling her?
Also does she get wind? My LO got awful wind for the first couple of weeks - he would only fall asleep upright on my chest and then I could put him down. If its wind try proping up the head end of her moses basket with books so her head is higher and wind can move through her.

:hug: Hope you're ok. Hormones are hard when you first have lo. I totally underestimated them. It does get much better.xxx

You could try popping a hot water bottle in the moses basket for a few minutes to warm up the mattress then removing and putting lo in there.

I still sometimes hold B for a while and rock him in my arms to settle him, then pop him down as he's nodding off.

xxxx

Thanks ladies.

I tried swaddling last night and that makes her distressed so I'm gonna skip that one tonight to see if it gets any better.

Sometimes I pick her up when she's upset and she just cries and cries!! It breaks my heart.

she was very different at the hospital, maybe that's cos she was still full of drugs haha

I had same issue mw says its normal especially at night with newborns they apparently have night and day wrong way to start, my lo is just over 2 weeks and is better than he was. I dont know if ur bf but im not and found often he is more unsettled when needing to poo. Also is ur Moses basket on a stand if so is the base firm enough try putting Moses on something firm see if it helps, my lo sleeps in Moses basket in the cot but wont on stand.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I swaddled LO but left his arms out - he couldnt stand to have his arms contained.

My LO was terrible to settle in the first few weeks as she suffered with bad wind. We changed her bottles to dr brown and began giving her infacol and it worked wonders xxx

I am breastfeeding yes, just trying to do everything right but feel like its all going wrong! She's been really good most of the day but then she has these screaming fits and nothing seems to settle her :( I don't think I'll be able to hack these when OH goes back to work!

I am breastfeeding yes, just trying to do everything right but feel like its all going wrong! She's been really good most of the day but then she has these screaming fits and nothing seems to settle her :( I don't think I'll be able to hack these when OH goes back to work!

I know it's hard hun but I promise it does get better. Ur doing a great job Xxxx

It will get easier hun. After everything you have been through with labour then learning to bf you also have hormones going thru your body still and lack of sleep its hard. I promise you it will get easier, talk to your oh see if he can help more with other things to take some pressure off a bit.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

Sounds just like henry, he has recently been diagnosed with colic. Uncontrollable crying for no reason. He had a clean bum, was fed but cried and cried. Infacol has made it better but he is still inconsolable. It is worse late afternoon/early evening.

Is she pulling her knees up to her chest/clenching her fists/going red in the face when crying/arching her back/worse late afternoon and early evening?

She goes red in the face yes, is just inconsolable really. She starts thrashing her arms around mostly.

Aww poor Henry. Colic does not sound fun.

I need to feed her but I don't want to pick her up :shock:

That's what Henry does. Try her with some infacol and see if it helps. It's suitable from birth so is safe to give her.

Poor Tilly and poor u xxxx

i had to start religiously giving alyssa infacol yesterday as she was doing that, shes a lot happier today because of it :)

its so hard at first hun so dont be hard on yourself or LO. your both just figuring out what the hell is going on in the new world you have, shes learning how to get what she needs and your learning how to figure out what she wants. it will get easier and you will enjoy it more eventually lol.

Hi Hun Samuel is the same I've tried every trick in the book to get him to sleep in Moses basket and it's still hit and miss :(
We've started infacol tonight in the hope it makes a difference, Samuel can bring wind up in the day but has difficulty evening and night xx

Awww honey, it's so so so hard and nothing can prepare you for it but it really does get easier as you get more confident and the LO becomes more used to being on the outside. I feel like I've only started fing my feet since week 5. Babies can be so hard to settle but they're getting used to the world and newborns should be crying around 4 hours a day as this is their only communication system at the moment. As tiring as it is, just remember this is all quite normal
And you're doing a great job. As the girls say, if you think she could also hve a bit of colic you can try infacol

Around the time my milk came in (day 3) my lo was really crazy for a night. Just wondered if that might be something. Is she getting enough from only the colostrum? Give it another night if it's only just started, the next night I expected the worse and it wasn't half as bad. We use infacol too (after a couple weeks) and it helped her pass the wind and burp up. One tip I've found settles lo is to have her laying face on my chest, while I'm half sitting up at night in bed. After a wriggle and a cry she does settle with the body heat and heart beat- but it may not work if inconsolable obv? It must be so hard. Just keep thinking- it will get better. Xx

Tor my LO has been exactly the same hun! Had an awful night on day 2 in hospital and I didn't sleep at all because he was being exactly the same as your LO! Next day was day 3 and i was so emotional, he was a bit better last night but he still on settled for about 3 hours, saw the midwife today and she said its because he's a big baby he just wants to feed all the time, since she left I have been trying to feed him every 1-2 hours and he seems more settled. He's got such bad wind though. My hormones are worse today (day 4) so I have been crying and feeling like its my fault I can't settle him. I hate hearing him cry it's awful.

gripe water and infacol will become your saviours lol

How has today been torino?

I meant to ask you, did your PAPPP disappear? I still to this day itch on my legs and ankles! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back