Trying again so soon??

klee1988

Reaction score
Hey there.
I recently lost my son on the 19th Jan.
I so badly want to start trying again as I am ready to be a mum. I know I am a mum to little Jayden but I would like a baby I could look after and who is not in Heaven.
The question I have is whether it is right to start trying again??
I was thinking of waiting for my first period but I don't want people to see it as I am replacing Jayden.
Do you think it is ok to start trying so soon again??

xoxo

I can't imagine what you've gone through.

We waited until my first period after my M/C but there's no medical reason you can't start straight away as far as I know.

Good luck and hope you fall straight away.

first of all :hug: :hug: I can't image what you've been going through. I'm really, really sorry for your loss.

My midwife told me when I had an early miscarriage recently that there was no reason we couldn't try again straight away, she said the only reason you're normally advised to wait for a couple of periods is so they can date the next pregnancy easily.

If you feel your body has healed then the only reason to wait will be to make sure you're ready emotionally for another pregnancy.

Whether you decide to try now or to wait for a while first good luck and I hope you get your BFP soon after you start trying :hug: :hug: :hug:

Awww wow, Im so sorry for you, I cant imagine what you have been thru losing Jayden. I really dont know how to express how sorry I am :hug:

Like the other girls...I see no physical reason for you not to try as long as you feel ok, and your not bleeding anymore or anything.

I know emotionally you have been thru the mill, and you have to do what feels right...If it feels right, then hun, go for it, you just have to do whatever it takes. I wish you all the luck in the world! :hug:

:wave: Thanks for all your replies.
I have completely stopped bleeding now...its been away for a week or so now.
I do feel ready to have another baby.
I'm actually scared to go into trying to conceive at the moment though as I haven't been there since I first joined...its kind of scary going back.

I conceived the first month we tried the last time so I'm hoping in doesn't take that long this time as I am not very patient lol.

xox

Hi Klee,

I can't imagine what you must be going through right now - really sorry to hear of your loss, particularly at such a late stage.

As for trying again, I believe it's very much down to the individual - all I'd say really is make sure you're really ready. I don't know much about the physical side of things but I would guess that it would take longer for the body to get over a 27 week loss than it would an early one. Also I do think it is really important to allow yourself to grieve. For some a very quick subsequent pregnancy wouldn't be a problem, yet for anothers it could be something of an emotional roller-coaster. It took us 3 months to conceive again after losing at 6 weeks and although I was desperate to start trying again asap, I'm kind of glad it didn't happen too soon. I was pretty close to breakdown at one point and I really don't know how I would have felt! It was just about enough time for me I think. I still think of my lost baby though, and in a way, it'll always be my 3rd child.

Whatever you decide, all the best, and sorry again :cry:

hiah klee. long time no speak. hope your as well as can be!

I just wanted to say, IF you feel ready, then you start TTC again!

and this time i wish you ALL the luck in the world......
all the best, and good luck. x
Zoé

klee i lost my 2nd son at 34 weeks and we ttc almost straight away and had a healthy baby boy 11 months after losing poor Jamie you know you can never replace your darling son stuff whatever anyone else thinks its how you think that matters if you are ready to ttc again then go for it
xxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back