Triplets helllpp!!

awww hun what a shock for you but i agree with everyone here its upto you no one can judge you. wish you luck in what ever you decide hunny xxx

:hugs: I really really do not know what I would do if I was in your shoes with my baby!

3 babies doesnt mean 3 of everything though ;)

In the way of help, how are you? Is your OH's work long hours? Do you have people who would help?

I cant talk from experience obviously. I do remember seeing triplets in the hospital and their big brother was about 3/4 and he was so proud as punch, going from one cot to another. You'd be surprised at how they can help!

No-one can judge you - you need to think about everyone involved :hugs:

i dont know what to say, I panicked when i realised i had 2 sacs so was having twins and my litte boy was only 7 months oldn plus that would have made 7 kids in a 3 bedroomed house, sadly i lost one, but i do understand the sheer panic you will be feeling. again as others have said only you and your other half know what will be best for your family, look into some research on other mums that have had multiples, speak to your health visitor see if there is any help out there, i know alot of clothes places do bargains like buy 2 get 3rd free and i rememeber thinking who would buy 3 of one outfit well now i know. There are triple buggies ot there i know because i found one when i was looking for me, but not a big option and it was actually cheaper than the double buggies for some reason. I have had 2 babies very close together 10 months apart and child minded my neice who was 10 months old aswell, so i had 3 babies under 1 every day, it was hard work for those first few weeks, but the more of a routine you get and the less they wake in the night the better it gets. BUt as I say my situation was totally different i wish you the best with your decision and nobody will judge you you have to do what is right for you

No one thinks you're a disgrace hun. Everyone would panic. But personally, if you have three healthy babies in there, I think it's fantastic! As I'm 39, this may be my only one, and so I would love to find out I was carrying more. I think if you can cope with two, you can cope with three. And I bet there will be people queueing up to help out. Xx

oh gosh!! i honestly dont know what i'd do! but in terms of everything you need to get, it doesnt necessarily mean 3 of everything! like, cots, you can get things that safely divide them in two, so you can put 2 babies in 1 cot, might even be able to split one in three when they're tiny! and you could approach places and ask about discounts! prams, have a look at obaby, i'm sure they do a triple! i was scared i was going to end up with twins and a 12 month old, or even triplets - there's 13 sets of twins and 3 sets of triplets on my mums side :shock: so i looked around at triple prams!

only you nd your OH can decide what to do hun, we'll all be here for you no matter what :hug:

Wow definately a shock! I know I would personally keep all three because a) i wouldnt want to risk losing all 3 and b) if your only option is to terminate one of the identical twins when the surviving twin is born you will see the baby that was terminated for the rest of your life. I dont mean for that to sound awful, just something to think about hun. Have you got a good support network of family and friends around you?

Tough times ahead but we are all hear to listen to your worries xx

Wow, that's really incredible!

Personally, and yes, it's easy for me to say sat here at my computer, but, I don't think I could ever be really happy with myself if I got rid of one... you'd always have a bit of a sinking feeling about it.

Yes, it will be incredibly hard work - but it will be so rewarding, go for it and don't look back :D

Oh hun, what a position to be in. Like its been said before it think there is only you and your OH that can make this decision. It must be so difficult for you both, love and hugs sent your way xxx

Oh my goodness me!

Well, I have read everybody's comments and I agree it is totally about what you feel is right and nothing else. Lots of people have said that they could not consider selective termination and many others have said that they don't know what they would do. No-one however has said that they would definetly seriously consider it.

Well just to balance things out a bit, I will give my thoughts which is that I would consider it. I won't go in to the various reasons but me and my OH have talked about it a few times (mostly due to my avid viewings of Quintessential and Jon and Kate + 8 - I'm fascinated by multiples) and decided we would opt for selective termination. Obviously the theory and practice are very different things though.

I know this post might make me a few enemies on here but I just wanted you to know that whatever you decide there are people on here who support you.

(3 babies would be sooooocute though)

Cx

Honestly I agree with catty but for different reasons. I would seriously consider it too! There's no way I would cope with triplets on my own. I have no idea how I would make the decision since I've never been in your place. It's such a difficult situation to be in.
I hope you're ok!
*hugs*

goodness what a shock for you Hun sending over a massive hug if i was in your shoes i would keep all 3 unless i was told the babys where in danger i saw a woman a few days ago and she was expecting 3 and she was massive but she said its been one hell of a pregency but she would do it again anytime x

Hiya :) Congratualtions on your pg so far and I wish you all the very best for the tough times ahead, whatever you decide! The following is just my opinion, the final decision is yours and your partner's obviously.. but I figured the more opinions you have the better! :hug:

I'd keep all three. I'm older than you (35) and to have three more kids now would be fab for me!
Here are a few of the pros, and a few solutions to problems, in my eyes anyway :D

You'd basically have all the kids you'd want! Yes, it would be tough at first.. but as they got older and went to school etc, you'd be pretty much free to do what you want to with your life.. without the concern of taking time out from a career later for more kids, or the worry of how your existing kids would get on with a new baby, or whether it was the right time for another and so on. You'd also get all the sleepless nights out the way in one go, and the toilet training, and the tantrums :D Plus, 3 kids (4 including your oldest) are easier to entertain than one. I have 4 younger brothers and a younger sister, and all five were under 5 years old at one point. There's definite bonuses to having ready made playmates, from both the parents and the kids point of view!

Moneywise, you'd get help :D Three more lots of child benefit, regardless of anything else. Buying in bulk is always a better price, and as has been said you wouldn't necessarily need 3 of everything. Plus, yu may find that local stores might give a discount? I'd definitely ask... for instance.. it'd be great publicity for your local Mothercare or whatever to be in the local paper having donated a triple buggy to your worthy cause? I appreciate you might not want to be a local celebrity, lol.. but with naturally conceived trips, you might find yourself in the paper anyway so why not make the most of it!

In my experience, people will rally round too. I have no idea about your family situation, friends etc.. but with a toddler you must know a few local mums, and mums tend to stick together :D Whether it's offering you some practical help, or passing on unwanted clothes etc.. people are usually keen to help.

I know these are more practical considerations, for after you have the babies rather than advice on your situation right now, but it's definitely worth considering that although it'll be tough.. it'll be massively rewarding :)

I really hope that and your OH make the right decision for you :hug: As I said at the start of my mammoth post (lol) these are just my opinions and ideas on how I'd cope.. but everyone is different and no one will think badly of you if you opt for a selective termination. It's all about you, OH, your toddler.. and how many babies you can cope with!

We're all here for you and will support you whatever you decide :hug: xxxx

Oh hun, only just caught up with this.
God, im not going to be much help, coz I have no idea what I would do - im only just getting my head round the idea of one, so three, good grief....
However, in my opnion, I would keep them all - let fate decide what will be.

Saying that, Im not in your position, and I cant see how anyone on here would judge you - its your life, and only you and OH can make this decision, regardless of what we say.

Good luck - and keep us updated - I really wanna know how you get on :hugs:

wow what a shock! Ive been trying to prepare myself to see twins as i have lots of twins in both mine and OHs families and im big for 9 weeks but triplets ... bloody hell!

Do you have a good support network.. maybe family and people around who you can call on for help if you need to? I think if it was me i would move back to my home town to be closer to all my family and i would go ahead with the pregnancy of all 3. I know its rare but people must do it! Good luck in whatever you decide x

WOW - what a shock for you - I dont really have any advice of sorts just didnt want to read and run - but as much as it seems a shock now - people adapt and adjust and cope, Im sure you would be fine - but its completley your decsion and people will support you whatever your decsion!

x

Oh congratulations!!! I'm agreeing with falling star completely - I dont need to write any more..... pleeeease keep us posted on what you decide to do. It cant be an easy decision, you will do what is best for you and your family. Good luck!!

Wow! That's adorable and shocking at the same time but for my point of view I would consider it cos don't wanna regret later in life when I looked at them and would say why did - terminate the third..I hate living on regret but I accept come on my way..I've seen people having triplet and asked them how are you coping all..most liked the concept of it but its hardwork but worth it later. Babe, its up to you so have a moment to yourself and see what's if and that..think carefully and whatever decision you make we all happy for you. Kids grow up quick before a blick of an eye, you'll see them walking!!!! Good luck!

Oh Wow hun, didn't want to read and run so I'm just gonna say that whatever decision you come to will be the right one for you and that there is always plenty of support on offer both on here and wherever you are xxx good luck babes xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back