Tried her in cot

rainbow dancer

Reaction score
Lucy still sleeps in our room but in a travel cot next to our bed as she has outgrown basket ages ago. Well we tried her in her own room last night in her cot and she screamed so much she made herself sick. Obv consoled her and let her sleep in our room . She woke at 300 fir bottle and she normally gets up at this point but she slept in our bed and has only just woken! I don't know what to do as hated seeing her so upset last night is it that she maybe isn't ready or just clingy!!?? Anyone else had this. I'm back to work in sept and wanted her to be in her own room then sorry for long thread xxxx

Hey chick,
Maybe try her in her room again but in the travel cot and see how that goes. It must be difficult seeing her so upset. We put LO in his own room when he was seven weeks old, as he was such a noisy sleeper i just couldn't get any sleep in between feeds. I didn't want him in his room on his own that early but it seems to have worked out for the best now. I hope she settles into her own room soon for you xxxx

Thanks don don that's a good idea don't know why I didn't think of that!! Think it was too much change at one time so will try that tonight. Thanks for replying xx

hey there
did it go better once LO was in travel cot in own room? Think it helps doing it gradually like that. Owen went to his own room faster than we would have liked (at 2 months) but we kept waking him up and he was such a bad sleeper I thought was wroth trying in his room-it made little difference!#Have heard from tohers on here that doing it gradually like putting a moses in the cot first etc can help.
Good luck!

Not really !! Think I'm just going to leave her at the moment as she clearly isn't ready yet!! I'm gonna keep putting her in her own room during day although just tried putting her up there for nap and she created!! So she is back down here with me!! Xxxthanks for the help though ladies appreciate it xxx

oh well, just keep her with you for the moment - if it works :)

Keep trying bit by bit to get her used to it in there, I did it at 7 weeks by stages and he loves his cot now. Good luck.

Does she cry as soon as you put her in the cot, or just when you leave the room? I have read about a sleep training method where you sit with your LO and gradually move further and further away until they are asleep and then you leave the room. Might help? Good luck x

She is asleep when I put her in and as soon as I put her down she screams . Xx

Maybe it wouldn't work then. Hope you find something to help x

Just tried to put her in there for day time nap but she cried as soon as I put her down so she is now wide awake in my arms!! Not much of a nap!! Oh well she can have play time !! Xx

Zac used to be the same with his daytime naps, I kept trying and one day he just went to sleep, this is now the only place he will sleep (well except the magic car seat of course!). He was always ok at night though.

Maybe just keep trying and eventually she will do it? X

Yeah I think that is the way ahead one day she will hopefully just think actually this lovely new cot and room is very compfy!!! Here's hoping xxx

What about having play time in the room with her so she gets used to being in there ??Before Maisie went in her cot for the night i put her in there for a few times in the day to play with her toys and she adores her cot xx

I read her books in there but could increase her time in the room playtime etc. So difficult think her main problem is she is so clingy! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back