Going into her own room :( reassurance needed!

clarey

Reaction score
For me not Eva lol! :)

The time has come to move her into her cot in her room as she has well and truly outgrown her crib, it must be like sleeping in a coffin, she can hardly move :lol: BUT I keep spotting things in magazines, leaflets etc about preventing cot death and how they should sleep in your room until they are 6 months, no way will the cot fit in our room so this is the only option and I feel really sad about it and quite worried :?

I'm probably being silly, she goes to sleep in there fine already and naps there in the day but I can see I will be up and down all night just checking shes breathing/not on her tummy/stuck between the slats etc 5 months isnt that small to be her own room though is it?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I am dreading the day i have to put Calleigh in her room so i totally sympathise. However it may be sooner than 6 months as her night time squealing started again last night after a quiet few days :wall: I dont think it is helped by the fact that daddy is snoring so she probably is finding it hard to drop back off to sleep with that noise :lol:

You will probably not get any sleep the first few nights checking her but i am sure she will be fine. She will probably sleep better with more room to move in her cot.

Good Luck hun :hug:

Yeah we will probably all sleep better (eventually) :D

she will be fine hun, we put jack in his own room when he was
4months i was sooo scared but its the best thing we ever did
he started sleeping through and was just generally more settled

a lot of the time it is more traumatic for the parents than the babies. Everything will be fine - you will prob have a few hiccups but thats only to be expected xx

leland went in dead on 5 months too hun , and it was brilliant , his slept through since and loves being in his bed , in his room , and he cant chat away to his toys without mummy and daddy listening :wink:

charlie84 said:

I am dreading the day i have to put Calleigh in her room so i totally sympathise. However it may be sooner than 6 months as her night time squealing started again last night after a quiet few days :wall: I dont think it is helped by the fact that daddy is snoring so she probably is finding it hard to drop back off to sleep with that noise :lol:

You will probably not get any sleep the first few nights checking her but i am sure she will be fine. She will probably sleep better with more room to move in her cot.

The squealing is even worse amplified through a baby monitor :wall: :lol:

drea b said:
charlie84 said:

The squealing is even worse amplified through a baby monitor :wall: :lol:

Oh lovely thanks :lol: :lol:

Ellie will be going in her room soon as its nearly finished :cheer: i'm scared but I know we will all sleep better because we wake each other up at the moment, let us know how you get on :D Good Luck :hug: :hug:

I put off putting Austin in his cot every night for nearly 2 weeks after we'd decided he was moving! I just couldn't bear the thought of him in a different room all night. Even though we've got a little 2 bed bungalow I still use a baby monitor and I swear that first night I was up at least every hour imagining I could hear something. It does get a lot better though, he slept better and so did we. I still used to bring him in to our bed in the morning and we'd co-sleep for anothr hour or so (erm, hang on, we STILL do that!).

It's really hard and horrible the first few nights but like anything else you do get used to it and it's lovely having some space back (and does wonders for your sex life :wink: )

Emms went in her own room at 3 months and then slept through the night about 2 weeks after that. She has been absolutely fine. I think it is easier for them to sleep. One of my friends put her bab in their own room after 2 weeks and was absolutely fine. You do worry at 1st, but then it gets easier. You have a built in intercom system - as soon as there is a murmer, you are awake and in their room! Go for it! :hug: :hug:

When i put kyla in her own bedroom i bought a monitor with a camera, as i knew id be in and out of her room checking on her otherwise and prob end up waking her in the process. Id never be without it now. If she wakes in the night i just have a look at the little tv thing thats comes with it and see if shes got her dummy etc, if she sits up i know she needs something so i go in, Especially In the first few weeks the camera was great I'd offen wake up and think she quiet so id put the monitor on and i could see her chest rising etc so knew she was ok. Saved me worrying and going back and fro to her room.

Thanks ladies! :hug:

I wasnt able to get online yesterday but we have managed 2 nights in her own room! :cheer: It was fine although I havent slept that much jumping up and down to check on her lol. OH however didnt even hear me get up one time, so he is benefiting at least lol!

She seems much happier in her cot though, plenty of room to thrash about!
Thanks for the support :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back