When did you LO go in their cot?

Pinkprincess23

Reaction score
My LO is 14 weeks on sunday she is still sleeping in her moses basket at the side of my bed she is starting to outgrow it now (she was only born 5lb2 and on the 6/12/11 she was 9lb4 im getting her weighed next tue so she isnt a big baby) I really dont feel ready to put her in her own room in her cot. We have a travel cot that I have set up at the bottom of our bed and every night I keep saying Ill put her in it tomorrow haha. She is a really good baby and sleeps from 9pm to 8am. Just wondering when you all switched to the cot?:oooo:

S
xx

Jack moved into his cotbed & own room at 5 months. We were lucky because we bought a very long moses basket so we had him in with us alot longer than alot of people would. If she's out growing her moses basket and if your happy then i'd move her to her cot. We stayed at the in-laws over xmas and Jack slept in his moses basket, he still fits in it at 6.5 months!! lol x

My mam has exactly the same travel cot as us and when we stayed over new year she slept in that and she seemed content. She just looks so snug in her moses basket. I definately dont want to put her in her own room yet so think im gona brave the travel cot in our room 1st. haha

Hey chick

You cant use a travel cot for any sort of long term use, i'd say 2 weeks max. I think you can put them in a big normal cot from birth. Oh & dont think they're supposed to go into their own room til at least 6 months. I know some ppl do it earlier though.

Our LO sleeps in a moses basket during the day & a small rocking crib at night (its bigger than a moses but not as big as full cot) we dont have space for the big cot in our bedroom, so i'm hoping he lasts in the rocking crib til 6 months then he'll go into the big cot in his own room (same as we done with eldest)

:)

Caleb outgrew his basket at about 7 weeks so he's been in his cot in his own room since then as we don't have a lot of space in our room. Was horrible the first few nights, I wanted to give him more cuddles but he loves it now. He was uncomfortable in his basket because the mattress was too soft, he slept loads better in our bed even without us in it. He loves his cot with the harder mattress! xx

My Stanley went in his last week at 5 weeks :) he hated his moses basket...hes got long arms that flap around and he hated it cos he'd bang them on the side lol the cot is in my roomo still though as Ive got a 3 year old and dont really trust him enough yet to not wake Stanley up :) xx

I moved Elexia into her own room and her cot last night at 10weeks1day, she settle brilliantly the first half of the night but the second half not so well but that wasnt anything to do with her cot its just the fact shes a very hungry baby and wanted feeding all the time! x x

Our LO is in her cot in our room and im going to keep her with us until 6 months....just can't bring myself to move her lol...she's 16 weeks on Monday! When she was in her Moses basket, we used to put the Moses basket into the cot and she'd sleep there.....think it helped her get used to the cot xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

I moved Arthur into his own room and a cot when he was 12 weeks. He was in a Moses basket before that. X

Jack moved into his cotbed & own room at 5 months. We were lucky because we bought a very long moses basket so we had him in with us alot longer than alot of people would. If she's out growing her moses basket and if your happy then i'd move her to her cot. We stayed at the in-laws over xmas and Jack slept in his moses basket, he still fits in it at 6.5 months!! lol x

Hi hun,

We have bought a matress for the travel cot so its not just the standard hard thing you get when you buy the travel cot. I spoke to my HV before I though about doing it and she said its fine for babies to sleep in them aslong as they have a proper matress. Its the same thickness as her cot matress so she will be nice and comfy.

S
xx

Chloe was about 5 months when she went into her cot, we just about fitted it into our room bit I would of been happy for her to go into her own room x

Vanessa moved into her own cot at about 7 weeks. We co-slept before then and even now the cot is bolted onto the side of the bed with one side down. We'll keep it like this until she's a bit older (6months at least) as there are no other rooms on the same floor as our bedroom, so to move her to her own room would need some major reorganisation of the house. :shock:

Last edited:
Grace went into own cot in own room at 8 weeks, she now only wakes once during the night and luckily doesn't cry but she shouts me through the monitor! Lol
I normally wake because she's babbling to herself before she gives me a yell :)

We started putting Alfie in his cot from about 6 weeks. We started by putting him in there for naps during the day and then eventually overnight. He started sleeping loads better from then.

x

I just moved Caitlin into her cotbed and own room tonight, she is 9 months old lol, Im hating it atm :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back