Travel Cots

MarchPumpkin

Reaction score
Hi.

Is anyone using a travel cot next to them at night for LO to sleep in as they are too big for their moses basket?

We've had Amelia's nursery ready since before she was born but I really don't want to put her in her cot on her own atm as I feel she is stil too little and there isn't any room in our bedroom for her cot?

I don't but I was told not to use the travel cot for sleeping in lots cos the mattresses aren't designed for long term sleeping

Guess maybe you could put mattress in from cot of it fitted?

Thats what i'm doing starting tonight. LO is just too big for his moses basket and don't want him in his own room yet, but he does look tiny in his travel cot :(

Dylan has been in his travel cot for a few weeks now. Bought a mattress to fit it and he seems comfy! Sleeps with his arms sprawled out now Jr has the space! X

We bought a decent travel cot and little one was in the bassinette part for a couple of months then the bottom part for a few weeks before we moved him to his own room and big cot. I can c y some people don't like travel cot long term but for us it worked fine and no warning on the travel cot not to use long term. I felt better with LO in with us and having him in the room reduced the SIDS risk. Do what feels right for u hun xx

Thaks ladies.
Well Amelia has had her first night in hers and she seemed a lot happier probably because she was able to have a stretch compared to her moses basket. She slept all night like she had been before she became too big for her moses. The matress from her cot is too big so going to get one for her travel cot. I seen some in Mothercare yesterday so I'll have a look around.

JoS, how did your LO get on in his? X

He only woke twice which is really good :)
I think its cos he had so much more space, normally he waves his arms around, hits the side of his moses basket and wakes up, so travel cot worked well.

What is your LO lyin on? Have u just put a sheet on the matress you got with the cot or something else? Its just it does seem hard but went to get a travel cot mattress and they are so thin you wouldn't know there was a one on and I think £40 is a bit much if there isn't going to be a difference x

I got a nice thick mattress to fit the travel cot on either an eBay or amazon store. It cost 20 quid delivered and is great. They do all sizes. X

I never thought about getting another mattress for it, he seems comfy and sleeps well. Oh dear I feel bad now for not even thinking it :(

It's probably fine, they're only light at this age! I think I got caught up in feeling like I should because a lot of reviews of them say about it. Also just with the standard one and a sheet it was quite noisy when he moved! Also I put the angelcare mat on the standard mattress and the thick one on top. I know its meant to be on something hard but it seems to work! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back