travelling when pregnant

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Chrissy20, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Chrissy20

Chrissy20 Member

hey guys... i was wondering if any of u have ne tips or advise on travelling by plane when pregnant im going to be going on an 18 hour flight back to australia in a week or two and am quite nervous about the length of the flight... any advise would be great :angel:

Chrissy
    xoxo

2. daftscotslass

daftscotslass Well-Known Member

I think your best bet would be to contact your midwife or GP for advice. All I can offer is that you should make sure you keep mobile as much as possible to reduce the risk of DVT.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/i ... flyexpert/

3. Becs

Becs Well-Known Member

:shock: OMG in Economy? You must really want to go back! Good luck and stay mobile :hug: x

4. GBLiz

GBLiz Well-Known Member

i did 15 hr flights at 20/22 weeks , wear your flight socks and drink plenty water, you'll be fine :D

5. Geordie&Bairn

Geordie&Bairn Well-Known Member

I agree with the flight socks and drinking water advice. I only flew domestic so didnt wont to splash out on the cost of the socks. But they are defenitly worth buying for a long hall flight. I kept moving and curculating my feet ankles and legs through out the flight.