Travelling Tips

LilysMummy

Reaction score
Hey Ladies :wave:

My mum has just arranged for my mum dad me and lily to go to Jersey so my great nan can meet her great great grandaughter. She is blind so cant see any photos but at least she can hold Lily and have a cuddle, she hasnt got long left either :cry:

We are going by plane, my first time :oops: so if Im throwing a wobbly mum will have Lily on her lap :rotfl:

Just wondering if there are any tips for a happy baby whilst travelling or good tips for packing.

Fankooo

It's not a long flight so you won't have to go crazy, but take snacks, juice, food/milk (you never know if she'll want it or whether there will be delays or what ever) and a few toys/books that she enjoys. You'll find she'll have a lot of entertainment simply from the new experience, the cabin staff will fuss over a little one, there might be someone nice infront/behind that will chat or make faces through the gaps in the seats etc, so you'll be just fine, not like a long haul flight, boy they are a handful then!! :)

I'm not sure what size of plane you will be on for going to Jersey - but check if you can prebook the seat at the bulk head and if it is a larger size plane they have fold out cots for little ones or bouncer seats - I did this for the flights to the states and they were a god send.... you just have to have little one on your knee for take off/landing and any terbulance(sp?) then.

Also make sure you have a bottle for take off and landing - them sucking will help their ears (stop them popping)

I know its only an hour thank god! The website says I have to taste the baby milk at security :puke: :puke: :puke:

Thanks for the tips :hug:

LilysMummy said:
I know its only an hour thank god! The website says I have to taste the baby milk at security :puke: :puke: :puke:

Thanks for the tips :hug:

If you buy the individual ready made cartons and they are still sealed you wont have to, but if any are open then you will taste it - I was almost sick!!

Or......... if you take bottles with the the cooled water in them and then just have little pots of the required powder - you'll only need to taste the water!!

Enjoy your trip anyways

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back