Travel sickness

maybebaby

Reaction score
The last 2 long trips we've taken in the car, Austin's been sick. We're going away this weekend and looking at a good 2 hour journey down so I'm worrying about him being sick again. I went to the chemist earlier and asked if they had anything for him but everything starts at 3 years. Even the acupressure bracelets! Apparently I'd have to go see the doctor to get something prescribed but I haven't really got time for that (I'm working tomorrow) and it seems a bit over the top for a bit of sick...

Does anyone else's LO suffer from travel sickness, or are there any 'natural' remedies I could try?

Ginger is great for travel sickness. My nephew gets tablets for longer journeys but shorter journeys stem ginger biscuits seem to help!

oh no poor austin i still get really bad car sickness and its terrible. like suggested above ginger is good for sickness but i can't think of anything over the counter like you say for under 3's. :hug:

Oh I was going to suggest the sea bands (acupressure bands) but I didn't realise there was an age limit :(

When I was little we had an ice cream tub in the car so I could throw up in it and then we could put the lid on.

Nowadays I take ginger and that helps an amazing amount! Boots do ginger capsules though I don't know what age they are suitable for.

Thanks for your replies. I'll try the ginger biscuits - I assume we're talking the posh ginger ones rather than gingernuts?!? Do I give him one before we go or actually in the car? If he's sick again I'll take him to the docs before our next trip though.

I'll let you know how we get on! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back