• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

trapped wind

Lilelephant

Reaction score
It really hurts and obv any pain is freaking me out! :-( anyone else get this?

Pardon the intimate question but is your pain in your stomach (burps) or your bowels (farts)?

Not PG related but I used to get really bad trapped wind in my stomach and I can totally understand how painful this can be. I ended up in A&E a few times because it got so bad.

After lots of testing it was found that I had an abrasion in my stomach lining caused by too much stomach acid. I normally take an omeprazole in the morning and I have been fine since. However now I stopped taking the omeprazole as soon as I got my BFP. I'm gonna talk to the doctor about it when I get my appointment next week. I really don't won't to take drugs in Tri 1 so I'm hoping if I eat super healthy I'll be ok.

THE best shop bought thing I found before I got the omeprazole was the gaviscon liquid. I think they are safe for PG women (pls check though). Rennies were ok if it was mild discomfort.

If it gets really bad go see the docs, don't suffer with it coz I know its can be really painful.

Thanks ninja it is more bowels tbh it feels like if someone put a pin in me I would deflate and feel so much better! :-( I am just so worried about something being wrong with the pregnancy! :-(

I know this sounds daft but I'm glad its the farts :whistle:. I wouldn't wish the sort of trapped wind I had on anyone.

I've read thats its common for ladies to become more windy in the bottom region when PG. Sorry that doesn't help you. I know there are products like Windeze but I'm betting they say you can't take them when PG.

I'd still go for getting the docs advice.

u know when its wind because i find i cannot sit direct on my bottom bloody hurts lol i know may sound silly but get on your hand and knees and stick up bottom in the air my mum always told me to do that its meant to help, also swiming is meant to be good x

u know when its wind because i find i cannot sit direct on my bottom bloody hurts lol i know may sound silly but get on your hand and knees and stick up bottom in the air my mum always told me to do that its meant to help, also swiming is meant to be good x

*Advisory* Maybe don't do the butt in the air thing at work or in a shopping centre etc. You'll only get a name for yourself like the crazy pregnant lady or something.

:D

He he good advice!!! Especially at 6 weeks they will just think I am crazy! He he

oh huni, i feel your pain....it's horrible but i suppose thats the joys of it! :(

Yep.
Never had it before pregnancy but I've had it a few times.
It can be very painful in my bum :p xxx

i know may sound silly but get on your hand and knees and stick up bottom in the air my mum always told me to do that its meant to help, also swiming is meant to be good x

I totally agree with this, it really does help. If you get on all fours and rock backwards and forwards a couple of times and then rock right back and stick your bum in the air. Really does help got get those trapped trumps out. :blush::blush:

*Advisory* Maybe don't do the butt in the air thing at work or in a shopping centre etc. You'll only get a name for yourself like the crazy pregnant lady or something.

:D

:rotfl::bum:

I had very bad (and painful) trapped wind when I was 5-13 weeks but it does get better the further along you are. Now I'm just a little bit bloated occasionally ;).

The best advice I can give you is to go for a relatively brisk walk. It has to be at least 20-25 min to work, so go for a wonder round the local park or wherever you can walk to. It really gets that gas moving (you'll be f***ing like a trooper :)) and you'll start to feel better. The worst thing to do is to sit around and suffer, then the gas just accumulates and makes you feel even worse!

Last edited:
yep ive had that alot in my pregnancy its worse when constipated as well

I had the joy of constipation arrive today, just waiting for the wind to kick in.

not sure if it works but i read somewhere that for indigestion, try refresher sweets...so for all us preggers ladies - it is worth remembering....let me know if it works tho :)

not sure if it works but i read somewhere that for indigestion, try refresher sweets...so for all us preggers ladies - it is worth remembering....let me know if it works tho :)

I guessing you eat them and not put them somewhere else? It never does to assume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back