Is it trapped wind? Sorry TMI

hols1981

Reaction score
Hi there
i keep getting really sharp pains and i think its trapped wind as it generally feels better once ive passed wind (sorry I did warn TMI)
However sometimes if i cant pass wind :blush: then it just stays painful for a while..

eg it woke me up at 5am and it was so painful just had to lie there for it to ease off - i assume that its trapped wind and nothing more sinister - but it comes and goes really..
usually comes in quite a wave but is very painful/uncomfortable
is anyone else having this ? Im 5.5wks?
thanks
Hollie

Aawww hun trapped wind can be very painful. I've had so much wind I reckon I could generate my own electric lol. Before I was pregnant I found lying on my tummy for a while helped cos it takes pressure off the bowel. Now I can't but I do got on to all fours with my head down and bum in the air which I have found helps....after all hot air rises :lol:

If it carries on ask your gp for bloating/wind relief stuff xxxxxxxxxxx

thank you! can still lie on my tummy (although boobs are a little sore) :) so ill try that next time
I tried this morning to stick my bum in the air but it didnt work
if it needs to come out it comes out straight away but otherwise it just seems that I have to wait for the pain to ease - and it definitely aint comfortable!
Ill see how it goes and maybe ask the GP and i went to buy some Remegel/wind ease last wk and said not for during pregnancy - so maybe ill ask them!

Could be trapped wind but also you can get constipation when preggnant which can be really painful also. xx

I have suffered so bad with this hun! It is sooo painful! My OH think its hilarious as I'm sat there trying to pass wind so the pain will stop. Sometimes it has be hunched over in pain. Its nothing to worry about tho, just another fun pregnancy symptom xx

Yep I get this pretty much all the time and I'm the same as you I really struggle to parp, so I do sit there concentrating on it and hubby asks what I am doing and then realisation dawns and he moves..............it must be love lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back