train journey with baba...

cherelle

Reaction score
Well ive booked a train to go home and see my family and friends as i live in Cardiff now and im orginally from Nottingham. Its a 3 1/2 hour journey and Ifan will be 6 weeks old.

Does anyone have any experience of train journeys with LOs and have any tips for me? Im used to getting out with the buggy by myself and i always used to get the train home by myself but im a bit nervous being on a train with him! I guess they must have changing facilities? x

it will be quite easy for you as your lo is so young! i dont know if youve booked seats or not but everytime i book seats i never sit where they give me as theres no space for pram. they usually have a special coach for disabled access and theres a big section where you will be able to put the pram. when i travelled manchester to london we sat in this area. lo was 4months old so a bit more active. he stayed and slept in his pram for a while, we changed him in the loos - theres a baby change table but usually a bit grim so i reccomend your own baby mat underneath, and then when we had a bottle we got some hot water from the bar bit to heat up! i travelled london to cardiff when we was 7months old and did the same, i travelled arriva wales trains i think and coach C is the one with disabled access - so pram space too. was a bit more challenging as lo was more active and wanted to play! it should be fine for you with your lo being so young! if you need help getting off at the other end you ca arrange it with one of the attendants passing through the coaches! have fun! x

I took Shaun on a train when he was 9 weeks old. Took just over 2 hours to get there, and took over 4 hours to get home that evening (stupid trains!!!) But he was fine. I did notice how rude people was, I had a big Silvercross pram, and a couple of bags, and nobody bothered helping me get the pram on and off the trains, but other than that it was all fine :) I did take a few bits for babies entertainment, like link/chain toys, soft books and a singing catipillar toy :)
Yes, most trains have changing facilities. If you can, try and get on the disabled part of the train, there will be more room for you and buggy, and it's normally the disabled toilets that have the changing facilities (maybe just in London though) Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back