What am I going to do for 13 weeks?!

maridunn

Reaction score
Any suggestions ladies??????

Unfortunately my work from home job ends today, and my hubby doesnt think there's any point in me trying to get a new job now, so i'm going to be stuck at home doing nothing for the next 3 months! normally i wouldnt complain about sitting down doing nothing, but im going to be so bored!!!!!!!!!!

my closest friend lives in torquay, which is a 2 hour train journey, my sis lives in cardiff, a 4 hour journey by and my parents live in essex which is a 6 hr coach journey then an hour by train! my hubby wont let me travel to london by myself and he busy at work so cant come with me.....

i need a hobby! or some nearer friends!!!!

honestly darling, sit back and relax!!!!! cos belive me u will never never get this time, back.....Enjoy lying in till 12 and walking and swimming and what i did was scare myself watching babies programmes on sky :rotfl:

enjoy the peace hun, im so jelous :hug: :hug: :hug:

I had to stop work a bit early & have ended up being off for 8 weeks. I was feeling the same way at first, but the time has passed by really quickly. 13 weeks does seem like a really long time but hopefully you won't find it so bad.

I don't have many friends in this area as I've moved back recently after being away for 6 years. So I thought I would be so bored, but I ended up spending loads of time getting organised for the baby, reading & relaxing.

:hug: :hug:

Maybe try and meet some women who are nearby and due at a similar time, that way when bubs comes along you'll already be ahead on meeting other mums? Not sure if there is any groups like that near you but round here we have "bumps and babes" where anyone who is pregnant or has a small baby can meet up. Might be worth a try?

Other than that I agree, rest lots while you can :hug: Ive got another 4weeks of work to go yet and Im counting down the days, hell Im counting down the hours actually :rotfl: Im soooo exhausted and as I look after 2 children as a nanny I keep catching all their bugs and coming down with everything possible! I cannot wait to be finished!

Do everything that will become harder to do when bubs comes along. Lie in's, long baths, DVD days, reading, getting the house ready and bubs stuff ready.

I dont get up b4 12 and have at least one long bath a day. Went back to bed the other afternoon with my PJ's on and watched some of my sex and the city box set and had an afternoon nap. Also spent other days getting jobs done that I dont normally like having a massive clear out of my bedroom I just put some music on and got going. The day was over before I knew it. Its amazing how you can waste time on yourself and while you have the chance I would!

MrsBrightside said:
Do everything that will become harder to do when bubs comes along. Lie in's, long baths, DVD days, reading, getting the house ready and bubs stuff ready.

I dont get up b4 12 and have at least one long bath a day. Went back to bed the other afternoon with my PJ's on and watched some of my sex and the city box set and had an afternoon nap. Also spent other days getting jobs done that I dont normally like having a massive clear out of my bedroom I just put some music on and got going. The day was over before I knew it. Its amazing how you can waste time on yourself and while you have the chance I would!

oh my god im so jelous :hug:

MrsBrightside said:
well i thought i might as well make the most of it... :lol:

too bloody right!!!!! i did this when pregnant with 1st, was suspended from work so had full 9 months off :cheer: ahh them was the days :rotfl:

yeh i was made redundant and so will have had about 18 weeks off by due date. Tried to get some temp work but to no avail.

I can tell you it hasn't been easy at times and some days I have been bored and frustrated to tears. I am really resentful for work for laying me off as having this much time off has been torture for me as i like to keep busy and I dont have that many friends either at the moment in Birmingham.

All I can say is take each week at a time. I have had 9 antenatal/parentcraft sessions this month too which has really made the month go fast.

I see my mum and nephew on a wednesday and normally midwife and do my food shoping on a Friday so I just have to find stuff to do on the other 3 days in the week. Normally I try and meet a friend for lunch one day and on another day get things done around the house that I won't be able to do when baby comes. And then one day for just pampering myself.

It's the only way I have been able to cope, plus I had xmas to concentrate on before hand and then antenatal classes.

Only 2 more weeks to go...getting there finally!

Keep yourself busy and try not to watch too much crap day time TV!!

Good luck

XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back