top tips for baby-proofing the house!!!

Amy_J

Reaction score
it's got to the time where my lo is here,there & everywhere and i need eyes in the back of my head!

so ladies... can you please share your top tips for baby proofing your house as i have NO idea even where to start!!!!

I have a playpen which seems to have been a good buy. I really need to invite a more mobile baby round to see what I need to do x

thx hun. i was thinking of getting a play pen, but our living area is really small! its also kind of connected to the kitchen too which is proving a nightmare! =( eeek. it was so much easier when he couldnt crawl lol.

I have the travel cot in my living room, I put him in if I need to leave the room to do something. I have also moved or blocked off any glass tables and put any ornaments and pictures high up out of reach. My stairs are too wide for stairgates so I don't let him on the landing or in the hall. I have cupboard safety catches but still waiting for OH to fit them (if he ever does!!!!). I am also going to buy one of those tap covers for the bath as he keeps standing up and playing with the taps in the bath - monkey! That's all I can think of X

I have a playpen which seems to have been a good buy. I really need to invite a more mobile baby round to see what I need to do x

It's everything you wouldn't think of, lol! Zac loves playing with the blinds on the French doors but there's nothing I can do except say no. Although it's hard work, I love him being inquisitive. X

Remove EVERYTHING! :lol:

Seriously though, i think with my middle boy i just bought cupboard locks and made sure anything i didn't want him to touch was out of his reach or just kept a careful eye on him. I was lucky with him though, he didn't really touch or pull or go anywhere he wasn't supposed too.

The play pen idea is a good one too.

I didn't really do anything with Lacey, just made sure she couldn't get anything small that she could choke on. We never even had a stair gate but I know I need one despreratly with charley cos he keeps going straight for the stairs!
Like the others say though, just make sure things are out of reach!

I've got safety gates on the kitchen and bottom of the stairs, and have put rubber corners on the coffee table as Tegan likes to pull herself up on it x

Try crawling around on your hands and knees, everything you can see and reach your baby can too!!

Ella-rose has a thing about the blu ray player... she's learnt how to turn it on and open it! We're now thinking about getting a tv stand with doors :lol:

he's getting into, onto, under, down the side of everything!!!! turned my back for like a second and he was trying to pull himself up using the big ikea lamp!!! i think i may take yobado's advice and literally just remove eveything!!!!!!!!! lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back