baby, housework and sleep

ToriElla

Reaction score
how is everyone fitting everything in??

if we're supposed to try and catch up on sleep when the baby is resting when are we supposed to do anything else like eating and housework :D

i'm finding it hard to fit everything in at the minute - especially with visitors wanting to come everyday.

it's not the baby i'm finding difficult it's everything else that i need to keep on top of.

anyone got any useful tips? xx

I know what you mean and i have a 7 year old aswell so haveto fit homework and stuff in aswell!

i get most of my housework done on a teatime/evening cos my little girl is so good with Jack she will keep him entertained, i also do the handover when my OH comes in and i can whizz through what needs doing in no time.

It gets better as they get older i promise, they get themselves in to more of a routine and you can plan your day to some extent (only downside to this is if i think "right bedrooms today" when i get up Jack will be a bugger all day!! lol)

It was hard at first but now I can sit Ava in her playnest with some toys and I'm able to get some cleaning done then. She LOVES to watch me vacuum.

i just didn't do the house work - as my hubby said - concentrate on your self and baby - house work can wait untill you feel better - and if visittors come then they will just have to understand. and it worked ok

Hypnorm said:
i just didn't do the house work - as my hubby said - concentrate on your self and baby - house work can wait untill you feel better - and if visittors come then they will just have to understand. and it worked ok

I agree, or do a tiny bit here and there if you feel you need to.

It's a hard choice, when they sleep do you;

a) sleep yourself
b) eat, you are starving
c) turn into a zombie on the settie
d) a wee bit of house work

I kind of mixed with all these choices depending on my mood.

i no how ur feelin
Tyreece is only 2 months so evry1 wnts 2 come round n c him
i also have to fit in school coursework, sleepin, eatin, tidyin up
bt its al worth it really we got our babies
Stacie & Tyreece

My mum is a cleaning lady so I am really lucky I get her for free lol

Its easier said than done to leave the hosuework especially if its not in your nature. Thats not to say that the people who leave it are untidy, its just hard. I for one could not have left it when the baby was just born but I can now. Its a comfort thing, tidying is just one of those things you could do before baby came and it more or less stayed that way but for the new mums its nappies, new stuff, cards, this that and the other in your house and you have no idea where to put things.

19 months on I have a more relaxed attitude to tidying. There are more than a few toys scattered around and the carpet could do with a wee hoover but it can wait till the morning. I like my bedroom to be tidy though, its my sanctuary :wink: .

I dont know how I will be when the new baby comes. :x

lauramum01 said:
Its easier said than done to leave the hosuework especially if its not in your nature. Thats not to say that the people who leave it are untidy, its just hard. I for one could not have left it when the baby was just born but I can now. Its a comfort thing, tidying is just one of those things you could do before baby came and it more or less stayed that way but for the new mums its nappies, new stuff, cards, this that and the other in your house and you have no idea where to put things.

This is what has caused me a lot of problems. I just like my house tidy but I feel like I am always playing catch up. As well as a baby I also have a dog and cats so need to clean up fur etc. It really gets me down but I am starting to get a bit more organised. No-one warned me how much stuff babioes come with.

I'll sound like a proper scruff but I leave all the proper cleaning till the weekend when I have plenty time.

Reece is at the age where he wants to play all the time and wont hardly sleep, so during the day when OH at work I have to entertain Little Man. When he has his nap I quickly run and get some breakfast (usually at 1pm).

OH comes in at 2pm to a bomb site, then we have dinner and have baths etc the I have to go out to work at 5pm so its safe to say not much cleaning gets done in them 3 hours.

And when I get in at 10 I have to go straight to bed to get up for Reece in the early hours of the morning! (It's never ending...)
:!:

Hazel,
You dont sound like a scruf at all :D , just a busy mum.

Laura.

I normally fit in my tidying when Ella has her morning sleep, or like the other day when my mum came round I got her to entertain Ella whilst I ran round like a madwoman for 45 mins and did the polishing, cleaning kitchen and bathroom and just made things 'surface' tidy. Then when OH is home at the weekends thats when things get done proper thoroughly.

im struggling not to get the hoover out, i have done the dusting, washing up, etc. i have 'my way' of cleaning up, OH has been fab since my section he will do everything, but its not 'my way' i try to sit back, but i like things just so!!!

vibrating chairs come in handy to keep them occupied! I'm just doing what i can housework wise. i decided it's pointless getting myself down over.

I feel like me and eva are starting to be more tuned in to each other and i think at first i felt on edge if she cried for a second. but now i'm more relaxed because at the end of the day they have to make some noise occasionally!

ToriElla said:
vibrating chairs come in handy to keep them occupied!

they are great! if Coby s a bit grump/whingy i put him in his and he chills right out, its so funny to watch lol

i like to have a clean and tidy house, but at the moment - pre baby, and cos im still at work,,most of the cleaning gets doen at the weekend in one big blitz

will try and keep on top of it when baby arrives - but not wrried too much - how about when visitors turn up - hand them the hoover! :lol: hehehehehe

ooops sorry! - am not officially a "new mummy" yet :oops: - when did all the topics change????

LOL Shamu :D

At the moment Seren is wanting to be held or fed constantly so it is baby, baby and baby - no sleep or housework. Its my birthday next month so am going to ask for a cleaner (or a haircut...or a facial). Its doing my head in, and to make it worse my blooming hoover has blown up :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back