Toothache

NinjaKitty

Reaction score
I noticed a few days back that I had chipped one of my pre-molars. It's now started to niggle and sometimes gives me toothache. I have already made an appointment with the dentist to get it checked out but the earliest they can get me in is 08/10.

I just wondered if there is anything they can actually do? I know they can't work on my mouth without it being frozen. I am classed as a super nervous patient and I know I won't get through the treatment without my mouth being frozen. Just a bit concerned because I don't want bad toothache for the remainder of my pregnancy.

aw i know nothing about it sorry hun but just wanted to say i hope the niggles go away, not much worse than tooth ache..actually, maybe labour!? :oooo: xx

I had fillings and stuff done when i was about 12 weeks. And my dentist just used a different anaesthetic - he called it a Plain one - it doesnt have certain aditivies in it. It wore off a bit quicker than normal so i had to take some paracetomal afterwards. But still got everthing done.
xxx

Poor you!! But on the plus side, dental treatment is free when you are pregnant so at least it won't cost you the earth!

Sadly I have private dentist care so I have to pay. All because no NHS in my area were taking on new people. I think you need special contacts to get an NHS dentist round my end.

Oh and I woke up with toothache several times in the night grrrrrr. I hope it calms down coz I really don't want to see an emergency dentist and have an embarrassing freak out. I'm glad that hopefully they'll be able to do something about it though. Labours gonna be enough without having the added bonus of toothache at the same time.

I had to have an old filling taking out and then had it replaced with a temporary filling 3 weeks ago because the pain was driving me crazy, my face was like a balloon after for a couple of days but it was so worth it in the end and baby is just fine, try using oil of cloves until you get your appointment it's great for numbing the pain.

Last edited:
I had a lot of work done in my 1st pregnancy and was told it was fine and had no problems. I take teething granuals for toothache and was told they were safe and work great.

Ninjakitty: how did it go with your toothache? I also have some toothache and am seeing a dentist tomorrow...am a bit nervous (because I don't like going to the dentist) but I just want the pain to go away. I hope they can fix my tooth without it damaging my baby...

It's calmed down but still flares up. Earliest my dentist could see me is this Sat. I'm praying they can do something there and then coz I don't want to suffer for months until bubs is here.

I'm off to the dentist soon, so I can update you when I come back:)

Sitting in the dentist waiting room now. Pooing myself. Feel sick and hungry but couldn't eat this morning too nervous. Hope I don't have a giant spasm at the dentist. DH was really snappy & tired this morning nearly made me blub.

Had the numbing injections. Back in the waiting room waiting for it to kick in. Still pooing myself.

Had a filling. Was so glad it didn't hurt! I'm lisping like daffy duck now due to the numbness. DH thinks it's hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back