Too much??

Redbootz

Reaction score
Baby has always been active with a few quiet days but today has been unusually crazy since 6am this morning it's been non stop crazy wriggles rolls pushing my tummy out everything! I saw the obstetrician and she didn't seemed concerend today but now I am starting to worry. I'm worried about baby not getting enough oxygen or something. Should I call the unit to ask them? I'm just so concerend as I've never felt this much movement. It's crazy. I am grateful baby is moving but it's been non stop. Literally constantly.

I would think if baby wasn't getting enough oxygen they would slow down rather than increase activity?
If you're concerned though give them a ring, that's what they're there for xx

I'm sure baby is fine I have days where she don't stop and today has been not so active. They tell you to call if they reduce. They also told me if baby was not getting enough oxygen their movements would slow because they save there energy

It didn't help that I googled stuff again! Ugh I'm awful for that and it goes on about hypoxia and increased movements. But now he or she has calmed a bit but stil moving around and I know if it goes quiet I will freak out with havibg sudden increase to not much. Just get so worried as I have felt so much more than usual and they say any change in routine even though the obstetrician dismissed it I am concerend still because when I was monitored for reduced movement they said the heart rate goes up when the baby moves which it did so I worry the heart rate must have been so high with all the movements?

I called the unit and she said to see if baby settles in next hour or so and if not to go in she said she wouldn't be as concerned with more movements and at 28 weeks baby would still be finding a routine but she said because it's a change to normal and out of the ordinary to be this active she will have me in for monitoring if I call back. I'm hoping baby settles a bit more to how usually is.

Don't be anxious sweetie, go in and put your mind at ease xx

I rang back and I am going in I said I felt stupid about it being a lot of movement and worrying about it and she said not to worry and to come in. Just got to wait for the hubby to get home to take me.

Was there ages but she was lovely and said I did the right thing baby was still going crazy when there but the heart rate settled and she was ok with that she wants to do a scan to check all is ok. So glad I went.

Glad to hear everything is ok. Did you get scanned last night or do you have to go back? Hope the wee one settled down enough for you to sleep!

That's good news. Glad everything went ok. Peace of mind at least x

I have to go back they will call I think within 72 hours. I got home and baby was all over the place still. But settled a bit after a while so got a couple hours sleep. I'm glad I went and they were all so nice and understanding and I wasn't made to feel silly. I guess it's always best to make sure and to always just call for advice if needed. Thank you all for the support

Yeah, always trust your instinct and get checked xx

I had my scan today got slotted in. They said baby is a bit smaller than what I measured at yesterday but clinging to the graph and that all seemed well so that's good she even gave us some photos.

It's good they got you in and you got to see baby again. Keep on eye on baby and if still worried go bk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back