• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Too much Too Often?

xXxBonnyxXx

Reaction score
This has been bothering me for a bit,

At my last accupuncture session the guy told me that too much sex could be having a bad effect on the sperm as they are not getting a chance to mature,

He says that could be part of the reason that we are not conceiving easily, Because we always have sex every other day apart from when AF is here he says that the sperm will not be growing to adulthood.

Anyone know anything about this?

Also just finally managed to get hubby onto complete A-Z vitamins and told him to cut down on fatty foods - told him it was because he's nearly 40 and that he has to look after himself now!!! Poor git actually believes me too!!!

Is you accupuncturist a medical professional?

I think it's a bit irresponsible for him to assume a position of trust and authority and then give adive about something that he isn't medically trained in...

My understanding is that sperm is produced constantly in the male reproductive system - thousands of fresh sperm are ready to be deployed every single day.

I have heard that sex every 24 hours can reduce sperm count per load or at least effectiveness but i would have thought 48 hours is plenty of wait time.

On a site i found very helpful the recommended timeframe between intercourse was 36 hours to allow regeneration but maximise opportunity.

Last edited:
I have heard that to much sex can be a bad thing as sperm need a copuple of days to stock up again, last month I banned DH from any private funny business as I told him I needed his swimmers pumped up and ready to go.. lol

But then again if his swimmers are nice and healthy there is no reason why they wouldnt do the job regardless of how much sex you have, maybe try every 2 days this month as see what happens we all know sperm can live up to 3 days so there is no worry of you missing your ovulation window.

Good luck hun x

Yeah of course he's proffesional - I wouldn't let anyone near me that wasn't.

He is a trained fertilitly accupuncturist - If thats the right words for it

He says that the sperm take 3 months to grow to adulthood - which I have read elsewhere,
Thousands are produced to replace the ones that go - but too much ejaculation can lead to the sperm not staying there full 3 months in the testicles to mature right through to adulthood,

He was basically saying to cut down the amount of ejaculations in my non fertile period to allow the sperm in 3 months time to reach full adulthood to give us a much better chance of conceiving,

Thanks Vicky! Although it takes 3 months for any changes to have an effect on the sperm - hence why taking vitamins now will only affect his sperm in 3 months time as they are the new ones being produced at the moment - if that makes sense!

blimey bonny can I have some of your sex drive please? ha ha. Yes I have heard of this too but not sure if that applies to every other day. Fx xxx

My sex drive is through the roof hun - I have to admit that the only reason we don't do every day is because hubby gets too tired!!!

I would love it everyday twice a day if that was possible! and that has nothing to do with TTC I have always been like that!!!

Hubby is nearing 40 and I am nearly 28, How is he gonna cope when I hit 30 and my sex drive goes up again!! haha!!!

Ha Bonny I miss you and you posts! lol Ha come on over to tri one and keep me chuckling will you!! lol

Yeah when we were TTC our Dr told us every 48 hours to give them a chance to buil up again so we got quality not quantity!

Poor husband I feel sorry for him....is he insured?? lol xx

xxx

Not insured yet hun but think I will have to look into something soon!!

Although he has been showing alot more interest in getting me PG as soon as possible! Which is good! He didn't seem too bothered before but think thats because he already has kids - so I told him at the weekend that I didn't think he was as excited about it all as me and he says he is looking forward to it but doesn't want to build his excitement up to early!!! bloody useless!!! hahaha!!!

Just wish AF would hurry up and go - she's only been here 2 days and I need to jump his bones already so I can concentrate on my work!!! hahaha!!!

Although how am I gonna cut it down to improve the quality? I can't go 3 days without sex!!!

Ha I can reccommend a good company lol! ha poor things tho I dont think over use is a pay out clause! lol

Ah I know what you mean I think men are really detached from it all as they literally perform and the rest is us to us to bake it...but inside I bet hes excited too just prob doesnt want to get his hopes up too high to early! DH was a bit like that when we were TTC but he said pretty much that...didnt want to be upset everymonth so stayed a bit 'real'!

You will get yours soon...xxx

oh I wish my drive was like that but unfortunately no. When we were first together yes, 3 times a day but now, no. Happy jigging Bonnie your posts make me smile :->

Im supposedly running on the once every 48 hours, but when i want it he doesnt and vice versa! And ive even gone to the lengths of hunting out any naughty dvd's and hiding them ha ha, playing FIFA when ive gone to bed my arse!

But.....i dont wanna be a 9 month pregnant bridesmaid so im humping like mad this month :) xx

I had heard of this 3 mths thing too Bonnym your sex drive makes me laugh!

Why don't you try the occasional only and then every other day during peak times only and see what happens this month? That's all I ever did as that was enougth for us, as it all got a bit chore like!

Good luck, I want to see your in Tri 1 soon X

We're just gonna go with the flow and see what happens!!

Will prob stay with every other day as I won't be able to go 3 days without!!

Also we have only been trying 6 months so thats not too bad really, hubby is now on a-z vits
Like he tells me - It will happen when it happens!
Although I can't help wishing it was before he turns 40 in september!

Hi hon, we bd every day during the month we fell pregnant- I've heard lots of people who did the same so I don't think it's strictly true that you can bd too often. Good luck and :dust:

Thanks!
I think I was just worried about the age of the sperm as we have always had alot of sex,
Also hubby is nearly 40 so his sperm might not be as good quality as someone in their 20's

Oh well fingers crossed for this month!!

Hi hun' just wanted to say that my hubby has a normal count but 90 percent are abnormal forms, we were told have sex as much as poss as this in reases the mobility and lessens the abnormalitys. It does reduce the count but in a normal man it doesnt reduce it lower than the WHO minimum.

I guess it depends on the problem if any.

Our doc goes by the moto its proven that couples who have more sex get pregnant more often.... So i say if you feel like it... Do it!!

Good luck

xx

Hi Bonny,
DH ad I had our first appointment with the Gyne consultant this week.
He told us to have regular sex throughout the whole month to keep the sperm healthy, so definitely every 48 hours (or every 24 if you know that his sperm count is ok).

Good luck! :)
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back