Tonight is the night.... Own room

Monkey

Reaction score
We have finally finished doing Erica's room up and have put her to bed in there for the first time ever for the night. She sleeps well in there for her day time naps and am hoping she will do the same at night.

It feels like such a huge step for me and I feel guilty about leaving her all alone. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. I have never slept without her right beside my side of the bed. We shall see how we both go.

I know how you feel as I felt like that when I first moved Angel. But she's actually sleeping much better since she's been in there and makes me feel better knowing that she's ok. I do hope it all goes well tonight and she likes it, I'm sure she will. I know you will but try not to worry too much hun xx

Thanks, at least I'm not the only one who does worry like this. She is asleep for now but not sure if she will stay asleep. OH thinks that I will either be on the floor in her room or her back in ours before 10pm, we shall see :D.

Good luck! It's totally natural to be apprehensive about it, but i bet you are surprised with how well it goes

Thanks, at least I'm not the only one who does worry like this. She is asleep for now but not sure if she will stay asleep. OH thinks that I will either be on the floor in her room or her back in ours before 10pm, we shall see :D.

Ah when Angel had a cold she was very unsettled and in the end I just slept on the floor next to her cot, I think I needed to do that for my peace of mind too I was worrying about her a lot and it was keeping me awake so I slept with her :) do whatever helps you and your worries x

hannah is in her own room and its going really well....

we do have a futon in there so if she is ever poorly, i can see me being on the futon :) x

So do you think it's easier to put them in their own room earlier, when they are younger or do you just feel this anxious at first, no matter when you do it? Also, how long did it take for the anxiety to ease?

I have a double moon chair seat in her room that I could sleep on if I got desperate enough, though the floor is comfortable anyway :D. However, I am trying to behave and not sleep in there.

i didnt expect to put her in there so early, but she isa really light sleeper and we were disturbing her sleep all the time. she would wake when we came to bed and if we turned in bed, she would wake....so now she has lovely undisturbed sleep :)

it only took a couple of nights....we have the angel care monitor and so that gave me peace of mind too x

Hopefully I will be a bit more relaxed in a couple of days then. We have a sound monitor that we use for her naps, I'm hoping that will keep me a bit more sane when I go to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back