Own room

LaurenMM

Reaction score
When did you or when are you planning on moving LO into their own room? I always just thought it was 6 months but it seems like everyone does it earlier ?? Angel has always been a very good sleeper at night, she doesn't always sleep through but I cannot remember ever having a bad night with her *touch wood* once she's fed she'll go back down with a minimum of fuss. Just lately she's started to get woken up by OH snoring though and we put her to bed for 7/8pm every night, we have to be very quiet and sneak in when we go up. Main things I'm worried about is for some weird reason I never hear her first when she wakes up in the night, OH always does and I always seem to wake while he's warming her bottle. The only reason I can think as to why I don't wake up is because she doesn't cry, she just stirs gently and when I hear she's usually more loud iykwim? Also, I'm scared!!!! Lol I'm always checking on her breathing etc and like knowing she's right next to us :S any advice/opinions??

Angel sounds just like my Jack! He has never cried when he wakes up ever!! He just lays waiting patiently for us to come and get him!! Occasionally he's chat to himself but thats not very often! We bought a camera monitor (it's actually a security camera with a little 7" flat screen tv lol) because we were paranoid about not being able to hear him when he went into his own room.

It's the best thing we've ever bought! We can see him sleeping/waking etc and it goes pretty loud so we can even hear him moving around when he's waking up!! OH never hears him but I always hear him! I got the monitor from ebay for £70 x

Best to do it when you feel ready, not worry when others are doing it. My friend had her baby in his own room from 4 months old, but we didn't put Oz in his until he was 12 months old. We coslept with him for the first year and now he sleeps in his own bed, in his own room. Transition went really smoothly and he sleeps through, and if he want to come in with us til he still can, but he like his own space now.

8 weeks for us but Grace was totally ready. We've not long started daytime naps in her room as well and most of the time it's good although she thinks she's missing out on something sometimes lol

Just moved him in on Saturday when he turned 12 weeks. We have an angel care monitor with a sensor pad for his movement and I can watch/hear him. He's been in 2 nights and is doing really well with it :)

Thanks girls :) I've got HV coming tomorrow so I'll speak to her about it then. I just don't like her getting woken up by me and OH because she sleeps so well. So we'll see how it goes, can't do till anything till Friday though cuz Lee will be off then so I can give her room a good tidy up :) x

We moved Holly into her room at about 12 weeks for the same reason. She slept well and we were waking her up!

Aw bless hun I hate it when I accidently wake her. The only problem is I'm absolutely terrified of moving her eek my OH said weve gotta do it cuz if I don't soon I probably never will and he's right :( xx

Just do it when your ready. I had my dd in with me until around 9 months which was when I felt ready to move her. With Kynon i haven't got a clue as he doesn't have a room yet its still the office plus he still wakes 3 times for feeding so i can imagine it will be a few more months yet! I must admit i love having him close by and still look at him for ages, Im still amazed we have him and think i would wake up and wonder where he was! I used to sleep walk and get my dd out of her cot which is not great so don't want to do that this time lol!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Tegan was about 3.5 months, she started waking up whenever i moved/OH snored etc x

I will be waiting til 6 months as recommended by HV. Babies should be near mums, mums/dads breathing helps regulate their own breathing.

I'm suprised at the amount of ppl moving babies into own rooms so early tbh, i'd never heard of anyone doing it til I joined on here. Its not really so much about when baby is ready, more what advice you are willing to follow.

Same as most things though, its up to you!!

:)

I have Issac in his cot in my room and i do find he is starting to stir when i first go to bed and ive been thinking about putting him in his own room but i havent yet, im not in a rush, although i know he will be fine because on the odd occasion we stay at OH's he stays in his own room as there is no room for his cot in the bedroom and he has outgrown his moses basket.

Id say when your ready to its completely up to you! x

Sam went into his own room at 17 weeks, he no longer fit in his moses basket and distured himself trying to mov round in it. He went into his own room and the transition was problem free!Go with what you feel comfortable with xxx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

My LO went into his own room at 4.5 months. He had outgrown his crib and we have no room for his cot in our bedroom so had no choice. We all slept better as we were all waking each other up when we were in the same room. Ideally I would have kept him in with us until he was 6 months but had no option.

Plan to move Maisie into her crib at 3 months - cot at 6 months and own room at 12 months - she currently sleeps in with us :)

I do think it is advised to keep LO in your room till 6 months until their sleep breathing pattern has matured

We moved Elyssa at 10 weeks and she has slept trough ever since. But it has to be when you are ready. I knw someone who has their 18 month old with them still.

Plan to move Maisie into her crib at 3 months - cot at 6 months and own room at 12 months - she currently sleeps in with us :)

I do think it is advised to keep LO in your room till 6 months until their sleep breathing pattern has matured

My HV basically said the same as you and it decreases the risk of cot death when they're moved at 6 months so I think I'll wait a bit longer. Thanks everyone for your advice xx

I think ill be moving LO soon because she is almost out of the moses basket and she wakes up when my OH gets up for work, I do think if you followed everything the HV said you would be in for a difficult life, most of what they say changes every other year.

Maisies in with me still and will be until I move she keeps me awake though and climbs out her cot at about 4am for cuddles :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

I think ill be moving LO soon because she is almost out of the moses basket and she wakes up when my OH gets up for work, I do think if you followed everything the HV said you would be in for a difficult life, most of what they say changes every other year.

I completely agree there. My friends all said the same - do it when you're ready and when you think is right. So I do most things which I think are right and go with my instincts then HV or someone else will say "oh you should wait till so and so time etc etc" and I'll feel bad like I'm doing wrong so stupidly I get influenced and 90% end up doing all the textbook stuff :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back