Todays the day

skairdykat

Reaction score
I go for blood tests to check my hormones, thyriod and some other things I can't rememeber lol. I hate needles :? I have buterflies thinking of it. They can never find my veins and end up being stabbed by the needles numerous times till they find one that will cooperate :roll:

Feel like I'm getting somewhere now instead of just wondering if eveythings fine. Although CD19 is too early for a progesterone test I think (?)

Wish me luck.............

Good luck!

Try not to worry about the needles - I used to be petrified - but had to go into hosp last year and they were forever sticking things in me and I think I just got used to it and it really doesnt bother me half as much any more!

Be a brave girl :hug:

I know just what you mean though, just the thought of you going gives me the willys! Just think about the reason your going and it will be worth it in the end.

I go for my thyroid to be checked on the 22nd Feb following a dodgy thyroid result before xmas (nearly passed out from that needle and they had to get 2 nurses into help!!). Was due to have progesterone test on CD2 but this fell on a sat :x so now have to wait for next cycle

Let us know how you get on :hug: :hug:

You will be fine I know you will :hug:

Try not to think about it too much before hand - If you're anything like me, you'll build it up into this HUUUGE needle and the most evil doctor or nurse who is really rough. I'm sure they'll find a vein straight away hun. If not - kick them :lol:

Aww I hate needles too! But they are so much worse if you tense up, so try to focus on something else in the room, really relax your arm, think about something else or better yet talk to the nurse, it'll be over before you know it! :hug: And just think there is a really good reason why you're doing this!

you'll be fine :hug: I had all these done and its only one needle - they're so good you'll hardly notice

hope its all good news :hug:

Awww thanks ladies :hug:

My nurse is lovely and she found the vein straight away which has never happened before. Most times I end up having it taken from the back of my hand which kills!!
They're going to test thyroid, sugar levels, hormones and to see if I'm aneimic(sp?). She said they'd test progesterone too (at last :cheer: )
She said the same as your doc did libs about the spotting that it's normal. And as I've been on the pill since I was 16 apart from the few months of TTC our boys, that I've never really had chance to see what my bodies cycles are like without contraceptives. This is the longest without contraception since I was 16 so it's probably just the way my body is.
She also said my hormones are likely to be fine otherwise I wouldn't be having such regualr cycles of 28/29 days. I feel much better now and more positive.
She said to try and lose some weight as the extra 4st could be having an effect.
If I've not heard nothing in 10 days then everything is likely to be fine but I can ring if I like to make sure.

Glad she found the vein ok (see we told you - all that worrying for nothing :wink: )

Also glad she has made you feel a bit more positive....Im sure from what you have said it'll all come back fine! :cheer:

Glad the nurse saved herself a kicking, and even better that you came away feeling good :D

Glad it went Ok and sounds like they're being thorough, hope your results come back OK!

Good luck Kat! I used to hate needles too but i was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid a year ago and i now have to go through at least one blood test a month for that not to mention all the fertility blood tests. You do get used to it although i still can't bear to look!! :D

Skairdy I'm starting to wonder if we're identical twins split at birth :rotfl:

libs said:
Skairdy I'm starting to wonder if we're identical twins split at birth :rotfl:

Either that or I'm turning into the woman out of Single White Female :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member