Had my midwife appointment

hananhmiller

Reaction score
Hi

Had my midwife appointment and bloods. I hate needles and she couldnt find a vein. Made me feel sick. Told her I have been getting pains at the top right side of my bump and she decieded to do a Liver function test as well so had to take even more blood. Argh !!!!!!!!!

Baby was fine. Measuring nearly 32 weeks instead of 29. Got to go back in two weeks and she will check again. Anyone know what this means. Is it just a baby growth spurt or could it be something else. Head down.

Hannah X

Good news baby is head down!!!!!

Could be a growth spurt hun, Kayzee from this forum is measuring weeks ahead of her dates and has had lots of tests/monitoring too.

Know what you mean about the bloods :puke: They couldnt get anything out of me last time...took ages!!!!

Hope the liver test comes back clear :D

Thanks - shouldnt have to have more bloods until December when I have pre surgery tests. Wish I could get over my phobia. Thought I was getting big quickly. Hopeful it will be normal next time. Dont really want loads of tests.

Hannah X

they cudnt get blood out of my arm once and had to try 2 more times to get sum, mean lady lol

My GP thought my LO was 3 ish weeks bigger, but my MW said it is fine. Ive had a scan since and she is a couple of percent under average.

Fantastic news about head being down! :cheer:

Ive got to have more bloods taken tomorrow. Not looking forward to it, becuase my arms are still brused from last week. I think they are going to have to draw them from the back of my hand :( I have 'controlled' my phobia by taking OH with me and sobbing like a baby into him everytime! Still want to thump the nurse/midwife and run away everytime they put a needle anywhere near me though!!

Fingers crossed your liver tests come back normal and you won't have to have anymore taken! :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back