Today was my EDD :(

mishi

Reaction score
Well I've been dreading this day coming, but also hoping that it would bring me some closure (although I hate that phrase).

I will no longer be saying to myself every Sunday well today I would have been xx many weeks.

This should have been a weekend filled with excitement and anticipation and getting hospital bags ready and staring at the crib that would soon hold our little boy, but it's not it's filled with a deep, deep sadness, regrets and a sense of what could have been.

It's hard, but I know we will get through it. We are going to write a card to my little man later and put it I our keepsake box, then I'm going to put it away and try to look forward and not back- easier said than done but that's the plan.

We will never forget out little bubs,will always love him, and will always wish things had been different, but I can't allow myself to be consumed by this anymore.

xxxxx

:hugs: Hun, I found that it got easier once I couldn't say I would be x weeks today. Although sometimes i think i could have a 8 month old by now, i dont think it will ever truly get over it and think what could have been. We let off a Chinese lantern for our LO in January. Xxx

Kanga is right, I it's not something we ever truly get over but it does get easier (as clichéd as that sounds). I hope that once today is over you will find it easier to move on, but you will never forget and rightly so :hugs:

Aww Hun :( :hug:

It's food you are looking to move forward :) I've never been the same since my ectopic, it changed me completely as a person but now I have our scan pic up in a frame and am able to look at it without crying even though I do occasionally thing she would have been x old now etc xx

So sorry for ur loss honey, my due date is on bank hol monday, so I am revving up for it, hoping it feels better then, but at the mo feeling quite tearful. So hard, hope it gets a bit easier for you now, lots of hugs for all mummies whose little ones flew away xxx

Hugs mishi I'm glad u feel ur able to move forward altho the hurt never goes away just gets easier.as my edd gets closer and I get older I'm having more bad days again and the saturdays are bad for me as that's wen I would be a week further on it was getting easier but this last week its all come to much for me again and I feel with each week that passes its one week away from my bfp as I get older 40th is in 2 weeks :-/ I know I'm lucky to have my other kids and I'm gratefull for them I truly am but it doesn't make these last 2 losses any easier,I'm just realy down atm hope it gets easier for me once my edd is over x

Huge hugs mishi - am sure this is such a hard time for you. Stay strong :hug: lots of love xx

Hi Hun,

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard coming to terms with the fact that we now have an endless amount of milestones that will pass us by without a baby to show for it. I lost my little one three years ago and it still hurts everyday.

Thinking of you
xo

:hug: Mishi. I've heard that how you feel 'changes' after your due date also, but have yet to find out for myself. My due date would be this Saturday the 25th...
Writing a little note for your little man sounds like a lovely thing to do. I did that just before our cremation & found it very therapeutic-But also heartbreaking.
Take care xxx

I am very sorry for your loss :hugs: when I would of been due april/may this year my cousins girlfriend had her baby was horrible. :hugs: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back