To those who have had their scan appointments

glittergirl

Reaction score
Although i had a scan nearly 2 weeks ago i am lucky enough to be having another one on Friday.

I was just wondering how many people were with you at your scan apt?

Obviously my OH will be with me again as he wouldn't miss this for the world but i was thinking it would be a lovely experience for my mam to be there too.

I suppose all hospitals are different but just wondering did you ring up ahead and check to see if more than one person was allowed in with you :think:

Thanks xx

Well when I had ascan with my son My hub and my mam came with no problems at all.
I agree it would be fab for yyour mum to be there.

All the scans Ive had always had 2 chairs beside the bed so I see no reason why it should be a problem xx

Karly1824 said:
Well when I had ascan with my son My hub and my mam came with no problems at all.
I agree it would be fab for yyour mum to be there.

All the scans Ive had always had 2 chairs beside the bed so I see no reason why it should be a problem xx

Thanks Karly

Hmmm now you just reminded me that there was a chair next to where OH was sitting so that does suggest they would be ok with it.

It just made me think as i was talking to my mam on phone before and she was getting excited about the next scan. Might surprise her on Fri morn by going to pick her up.

Thanks hun

xxx

hun i think everywhere is different it depends on hospital and on how much room they have in the scanning room our local hospital will only allow 1 person in with you and a complete ban on children xxxxx

If I were you Id ring and check - if they say no youve not really lost anything and if they say yes your mum can come and thats great. I think it would be awful to suprise her and take her there and then them say she cant go in with you......you can still suprise her - Id just check with the hosp first.

Ring and check hun, Mine was two people, but no children, as there cant be distractions due to the concentration needed. I noticed two seats next to the bed too. It stated so on the hospital leaflet they gave me before, do you get anything like this?

Thanks everyone

I just rang but reception said they were getting no reply.

I'll try again tomorrow.

I might even just leave it and she can maybe come to a later scan or a private one if we have one. I dont want the hospital to think i'm being cheeky. I'm just so grateful for this 2nd scan really.

xxx

On my letter it says that due to space only 1 other person can come in. I'm bringing my son too but he's only 1 so doesn't take up much space! I know that when my sister was pregnant with her youngest she was allowed her fiance and two daughters (then aged 5 & 2) in with her.

Yeah at my hospital only one person can come along too!!

I think the same applies at our hospitals too although il be on my own for the 12 wk scan as the o/h cant get the time off to come :(

I just spoke to the hospital (wansbeck) and she said that 2 adults were allowed in the room with me.

Think there must be different policys for all over the country.

I've still not even mentioned this to my mam yet or OH even.
Just dont know what to do :think:

OH loves my mam, they get on great but i'm wondering if maybe this is a moment he'd like for just us 2 to share.

xxxxxxxx

O Glitter girl I se your from North East too Im in wallsend x

Karly1824 said:
O Glitter girl I se your from North East too Im in wallsend x

Hi Karly :wave:

I grew up in Gateshead but i live in Morpeth now.

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back