To give up or not to give up???

eldraW

Reaction score
Hi all,

I think i need a bit of encouragement as i am so fed up of gettin BFN. Can anyone give me a few tips on what they are doing to try and concieve as i am totally losing all hope.

Im just like all of you guys in here, Thinking its never going to happen!

Everyone says your more likely to fall pregnant when your not thinking about it, But how is this possible when you want something so bad?? I feel like it is taking over my life.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. xx

Hiya Eldra :)

How long have you been trying for?

I hate it when people say not to think about it, i seriously believe they have never had to ttc to suggest something so impossible :)

Ummm as for advice it tends to be each to their own, although i would advise you get some ovualtion prediction kits just to make sure that it is happening when you expecting it to.

A couple of ladies think they know when it is happening, including myself, but then OPKs show that they are wrong and if you don't know when you are ovualting then your chances are going to be negatively effected unless you are havign sex all the time :)

Definately don't give up - that's not even an option ;)

Last edited:
Hi Louise,
Thanks for the reply, Me and my fiance have been tryin for almost a year now.
I hate it too, its just a totally impossible thing to do when wanting something so bad.

We are very sexually active as some people say theres no such thing as trying to hard for a baby and having too much sex, But then on the other hand people say that you should only have sex every other day. Just wish someone could tell me what is right.

Before im due to ovulate we try not to have as much sex to see if that will help. I really dont want to give up but everytime i see that one lonely line on the pregnancy test it makes me cry and think is this time to give up??

The problem is that there isn't really a right or wrong - no one really knows.

I just try to apply logic to things and go with whatever makes sense to me.

Every day is supposed to be fine *if* your husbands semen is ok. If he has something wrong with his sperm then it is better to do it every other day :)

I know its so hard isnt it.
Do you take any supplements?

Don't give up! But maybe give yourself a little ttc holiday.

We've been trying for about a year now and this summer it was all getting to be a bit too much for me, so I stopped it all - no temping, no OPKs (though I hadn't started on them properly at that time, I had ordered them), just made a note of when I got my period and did it as much as possible. Didn't get me pregnant but certainly helped me to relax.

Now I'm going the other way. I'm charting, keeping a journal of how I feel and everything so I can look over it and see if there's any patterns.

If you've been trying for a year, it might be worth going to see a doctor, even if it's just to give yourself peace of mind. We're talking about going to see someone in the new year so that gives us another two cycles to get a result. ;)

Yeah :)

I take Pregnacare Conception, Max strength omega3, Osteocare and 75mg aspirin.

I went to see a doctor a couple of month back and they said after a year they will refer me.
Im tryn not to stress myself out but i think its easier said than done lol. I feel like because ive tried for so long now that its just never going to happen.

Kizzabea.... Do you take any supplements?

We've just been referred for tests.

Based on my husbands, we need ICSI IVF, but i'm still waiting for mine - first one on the 19th :oooo:

If i did get referred what kind of tests will they do?? Bit worried about this, I dont want to find out any bad news if you no what i mean.

Oh and i hope that everything goes well for you and your husband. x

Thanks Eldra :)

It's a weird one when you get bad news, because half of you is devastated and the other half is very relieved.

For example, if i didn't know my bad news i could have been trying for years not knowing and now that i do know even though i have to have IVF - potentially i could be pregnant in 2-3 months.

For your husband, the tests are basically he gives a semen sample in a cup. It is better to get your husband done asap because if there is something wrong - thats it and the solution is clear.

For you, you start with vaginal swabs/examination and blood tests. If nothing is wrong, then you move onto an ultrasound/xray. Nothing too invasive :)

I'm hoping to pick up some Pregnacare Conception supplements this weekend. Was going to start trying asprin this time as well, just nipped out from work to pick up some deodorant from Superdrug and completely forgot about the asprin!

Probably just as well because OH was standing next to me at the time and I'm not sure I could've explained it to him in the queue for the check out. :lol:

Louise,
Thank you for all your advise, I sincerely hope you get what you want. Let me know how you get on please.

lol Asprin?? ive never even heard of taking this. Im only takin folic acid (for the last 5/6 month) and multivits.

Everyone will know how i get on, everyone is sick of hearing about my IVF by now lol ;)

Baby aspirin (75mg) is intended as a preventative measure to avoid miscarriage and it is thought to generally improve ovualtion and aid the sperm in reaching the egg.

It is a medication though, so it might cause problems in some people if you have other medical conditions like stomach ulcers etc

Sorry took so long to reply.
Thats good then lol. I like to here about people getting what they have always wanted.
EEE... i never even heard about Taking aspirin. I will have to have a look into taking that.

Thanks Eldra :)

It's a weird one when you get bad news, because half of you is devastated and the other half is very relieved.

For example, if i didn't know my bad news i could have been trying for years not knowing and now that i do know even though i have to have IVF - potentially i could be pregnant in 2-3 months.

For your husband, the tests are basically he gives a semen sample in a cup. It is better to get your husband done asap because if there is something wrong - thats it and the solution is clear.

For you, you start with vaginal swabs/examination and blood tests. If nothing is wrong, then you move onto an ultrasound/xray. Nothing too invasive :)

Love this :) x

Hi,
Any chance you may be able to give me some advise? e.g Any supplements you could recommend?
How long have you been tryin for if you dont mind me asking? x

Hi,
Any chance you may be able to give me some advise? e.g Any supplements you could recommend?
How long have you been tryin for if you dont mind me asking? x

Me? *Looks around, can't see anyone else other than Louise, so will assume it's me*

Of course!

This is my second cycle TTC :) My cycles are v.long - well they have been since about July time so I took Agnus Castus for the first 14 days of this cycle and I *think* I OV'd last week so I am now in the 2WW!
I'm taking Pregnacare Conception and hubby is also taking some multivitamins etc
I hate OPK's :) It's only because I can't get a positive line on them, I am assured by the others that they're really very good.
Other than that, PF is my BFF! LOL! The forum is amazing, everyone is lovely so don't be afraid to ask anything.
Good luck on your TTC journey xxx

Oh lol yeah forgot to maybe tell you that i was talking to you ha ha.

I have been trying to concieve for almost a year now, Ive been taking folic acid for about 5/6 month and also takin mutivits, my fiance is also taking the same.
Im waiting to get some more opk's.

Sorry for my stupidness but what does Pf and BFF mean? im all new to these forums.
The reason why im so confused this month is that my last proper period was september13th. I totally missed a period im October, Done many pregnancy tests but all bfn. Then on 9th November i experienced some browny substance for about 2 days, not even enough to wear anything, it was mainly when i wiped, Obviously me being me, thought i might of ovulated late from october and this could of been implantation, but i took a test yesterday afternoon, still to find a bfn. I still wouldnt of put this down to being a period but looks like it must of been lol.

Really sorry for the big long essay, Got carried away lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back