To drink or not to drink...

Bella2

Reaction score
dat is de question!!

So girlies am currently 10dpo (think that's right I have been a bit ignorant of my cycle this month), going out for an early birthday meal on Fri night but would really like to have a cheeky glass of vino. Will be 13dpo then, and given I have hardly any symptoms, thinking it's pretty unlikely I'm PG. Shall I go for it with the wine? Or should I do a test first on the Friday morn to double check? Didn't really want to test, as took about 4 tests last month and was so disappointing just to see that one lonely line, would rather just let the witch swoop in on her broomstick rather than pee on a stick (the plastic kind). Then again if by some sheer miracle there was a bean would having a glass of wine do any damage? What to do? x x x

Hi hunny :wave:
Hope you are well.
One midwife told me they only tell you to stop drinking just incase you get very drunk and fall over, so one or two glasses of vino shouldnt hurt.
I had a couple of glasses of champagne on my 21st when i was pregnant with Adam and he was fine x x

hey honey how are you sweets? :wave: thanks for your response, I didn't realise that was the reason you shouldn't drink - will very much look forward to a little glass on friday then, will go easy on the dance moves though lol:dancing: Are you still enjoying a nice chilled month? x x x

Hey bella, i would just go for a couple of glasses of wine hun, dont see the harm, i've done that in 2ww before myself.

I hope you are wrong and its a BFP though, how are you? havnt seen much of you this cycle. hope your well.

xx

hey nurse! :wave: hope you are well hon and thanks for the advice!

Been missing you girlies, have been a bit awol this month as we've had a new lady start at work and I've been very busy training her which has meant no spare time to come on PF :( So basically I now have to actually do some work during the day rather than spending all day on here lol! On the plus side keeping busy has done me good, last month TTC was really starting to consume me to the point it was all I thought about. Then the witch arrived and it was a bit of a reality check so this month has been much more laid back. Not been symptom spotting either (not that there's been much to spot lol) particulary after last month when I was so sure my symptoms meant a bfp. How are you hon? Ready to start the OPKs again soon? x x x

bella, i think a few glasses of wine will be fine hunny, maybe the relaxation will help things along!? xx

hey nurse! :wave: hope you are well hon and thanks for the advice!

Been missing you girlies, have been a bit awol this month as we've had a new lady start at work and I've been very busy training her which has meant no spare time to come on PF :( So basically I now have to actually do some work during the day rather than spending all day on here lol! On the plus side keeping busy has done me good, last month TTC was really starting to consume me to the point it was all I thought about. Then the witch arrived and it was a bit of a reality check so this month has been much more laid back. Not been symptom spotting either (not that there's been much to spot lol) particulary after last month when I was so sure my symptoms meant a bfp. How are you hon? Ready to start the OPKs again soon? x x x

Ye i'm good hun, just waiting on OV, cycle back to 32 days it seems, but very glad i got my first positive OPK last month :) ready with the OPK's and preseed for this month but def taking a more relaxed attitude to BD, some new underwear is in the post then i'm all set ;) we have def been missing you round here. Oooh its an exciting time of the month for you hun.

fingers crossed for you:)

xx

Hey Nurse :wave:

I think some vino will be just fine my lovely, a lot of girls who don't chart anything or do the 2ww go & get smashed & have really healthy babies, my best friend is an example of that

xxxxx

Just think about it, when my mum had me and my brother (and I bet it is the same for your mums) she had a drink and a smoke and we both came out ok. Think it is everything in moderation when it comes to pregnancy and if it makes you happy then baby will be happy too!!
xxxxx

Last October I went away with friends and spent the whole time convinced I was pregnant, I told my Oh my symptoms and he was also sure I was too. Because of this I didn't touch one bit of alcohol.

I went to the doctors when I got home as I had done 2 tests, both BFN and I was still convinced I was pregnant. She then told me it was probably my pill etc.

I mentioned I hadn't touched any alcohol because I was sure I was PG, she laughed and said alcohol won't affect the baby until you are 10 weeks PG. Ever since then I've not been worried about it.

Not sure if this helps? xx

I got plastered at my BIL's birthday party about 2 days before I found out that I was pg with my son and he turned out absolutely fine (in fact his teachers are always saying how bright he is).

Personally I am living my life to the full and carrying on completely as normal (which means nights out with the girls, usually with plenty of drunken debauchery involved) until the day I get my BFP. I just think if it never happened for me again or if it takes a couple of years am I going to regret all the time I wasted worrying about ttc.

So I say go out, have wine and most importantly have LOTS of fun!

Glad to see this post- going out tonight for valentines meal (I'm working nights on valentines) few glasses of wine will be had x
I should know if af or bfp before my bday but testing day is 18th an I go away for the weekend on the 17th so fx I'll know 1 way or other so I can enjoy my bday x

thanks so much girls! All your responses have made me feel really positive, can't wait to go out Friday now and have a good time :yay:I agree with you DB1978 I don't want to waste my life treading on eggshells all the time just incase I may be PG, had a little chat with OH last night and he agreed I shouldn't plan my life around it, and then if it does happen that will be the time when we do change our plans to accommodate the little one. OOh nurse sexy undies I did that last month and it worked a treat ;) hope you enjoy lots of sexy time this month! x x x

I agree - I gave up drinking entirely for first 3 months TTC, but have started again (except right now as I think we've finally done it) - I drink far less now and think the three months off was really good for me. I'm also enjoying what I have far more (and saving money too) - but as you've said, you can't put your life on hold indefinitely...

thanks so much girls! All your responses have made me feel really positive, can't wait to go out Friday now and have a good time :yay:I agree with you DB1978 I don't want to waste my life treading on eggshells all the time just incase I may be PG, had a little chat with OH last night and he agreed I shouldn't plan my life around it, and then if it does happen that will be the time when we do change our plans to accommodate the little one. OOh nurse sexy undies I did that last month and it worked a treat ;) hope you enjoy lots of sexy time this month! x x x

Good for you and I'm sure if we take the relaxed approach and just enjoy ourselves then we will all be seeing a BFP soon enough. Hope you have a lovely night out...and get the sexy undies out again :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back