SHOULD I TEST?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by scarlett1965, Dec 1, 2007.

1. scarlett1965

scarlett1965 Well-Known Member

Hi all
    I am due my period tomorrow with a 30 day cycle.For 6 days now I have had nausea every morning till 10.30am and have eaten tomatoes from a tin on toast with lots of salt and ketchup ( I NEVER eat salt) every lunchtime. Could this be a craving? Only trouble is I am having pains where my ovaries are. I have a 99p Savers HPT here and have had 1 glass of wine. I would like some more wine with dinner watching x factor ( Come on Rhydian!). i dont know if I can wait til morning. What do you all think? Should I risk having another couple of glasses of wine and test tomorrow am or do the test now.? Or should I just wait and do it in a few days?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Love Scarlett X :?

2. libs

libs Well-Known Member

wellllll...the test would be a lot more useful first thing tomorrow than tonight - especially as you're not late yet - the wine - well that's your decision - lots of women who are pregnant wouldn't even be thinking it yet - but if this is long awaited bfp - do you want to risk it :think:

Generally craving salt means that you're either dehydrated or missing sodium in your diet - I don't eat salt either but occasionally get a craving for it.

The nausea tho - :pray: sounds hopeful

3. scarlett1965

Hi
    Thanks. i have been trying for nearly 8 mths after losing a twin with my 4 yr old Lilli, then an ectopic, then a silent miscarriage last November. I am not a big drinker anyway... I just fancied one when x factor was on. You are probably right in I should wait until tomorrow to test. I am now 42 yrs old so time is ticking for me, thats why i am so impatient every month!
    Love Scarlett x :?

4. Kate79

Kate79 Well-Known Member

hello hun just wanted to say good luck xx :pray:

5. Emma79

Emma79 Well-Known Member

Hi
    Very tempting to test tonight but testing tomorrow with FMU would be a better idea - up to you (if it was me I'd test right now but then I'm really impatient :rotfl:)

6. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

You can test at any time, in the morn is meant to be better - but i never got my positive result in the morn - i got mine in the afternoons!

7. sarah113

sarah113 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say good luck :pray:

8. Bagpuss17

Bagpuss17 Well-Known Member

Good luck!!!

9. scarlett1965

Hi
    Thanks all for your well wishes. i did the savers HPT test this morning and it was a BFN. I am due my period today but am sometimes late and am having pains where my ovaries are. Still have nausea and cravings for tomatoes and salt on toast! Will test again if AF hasnt arrived by Wednesday/ Thursday. Maybe i will use a better one than the 99p one from Savers next time.
    Thanks again and Good luck to you all testing
    Love Scarlett. x :?

10. WeArePregnant1

WeArePregnant1 Well-Known Member

Good luck with the next test hope its a BFP for you!!!
    xxxx :pray:

11. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

I have teted when im due andits been a few days early, so you will still have a chance.