TMI! One of my piles just popped!!

treeze

Reaction score
Yowchers... the delights of being pregnant and having piles...

just went to the loo (only for a wee) and the biggest pile i've got just burst! Bright red blood everywhere... i tried to bob over a mirror to check it was deffo coming from the pile and blood was just dripping rather rapidly from my poorly pile-ridden bum :(

Called hubby up to double check as i wanted to make sure it definately wasn't coming from anywhere else (Josie, my 4 year old hot on his heels to see what was going on - but managed to send her on an errand to her bedroom to keep her busy!lol!)

he said it is deffo from one of the piles which now has a hole in it... managed to stop it now and i've put a cold compress on it.. i think it actually feels less painful now.. i've just never know of a pile to POP before... now i don't know if i should carry on using the ointment (proctesydel) on an open wound or not??? Think i'll leave it for tonight and call midwife tomoz!!

Well sorry if that's a bit of a gruesome post, but it had to be shared really! anyone else heard of piles that pop?

oooh bless hun. sounds painful. hope it settles down. xxx

Never heard of one that pops but then I've never actually had a full scale conversation about piles before! Lol piles in pregnancy result from both constipation and the general weight of the baby itself. I would def call your midwife in the morning. Sounds painful, poor u xx

OMG ouch you poor love , I dont think I would use the oinment on the open wound until you have spoken to the MW , hop it clears up soon xx

rang midwife and she said not to use the ointment on the one which has burst and to try and get some air to it!!!!

Shame cos the cream was working really well up til now..there's no way i'll be able to manage to get the cream on the ones which haven't popped without it going on the one which has! So think i'll just have to go without the cream!

don't like piles - they are flippin horrible things!

Aww that sounds sore hun :( poor you!

When you said you've to try get some air to it I got visions of someone hanging their bum out the window trying to air their piles :lol:

that doesnt sound very pleasant hun
ive discovered i have got them yesterday, did you go get cream straight away or try and see if they would go away without it first?

all these lovely things we go through for our little bundles lol

I've been there, that happened to me! I know your pain hun :hugs: xx

Aww that sounds sore bless you! I never realised that pregnancy could make you get piles until some appeared after I'd given birth - anusol sorted it out though :)

I thought it was just me! I've had a few that have burst over the last couple of months! Hurts like hell... I feel your pain treeze I really do! xx

morning all...

got up and went to the loo this morning and flipping pile was bleeding like mad again and then a big blood clot came out on the tissue... eeeeurgh..was rather large clot and even hubby came in to see what all the fuss was about (with me saying in a horrified voice) "eeuurgh...gross.. yuk...eeurrgh man!"

I'm hoping that's it now... i always think "better out than in" with stuff like this and i think that particular pile deffo feels smaller now! WIll see what happens now and if not go to doctors later.DOn't know what they would be able to do though?

Thanks for your responses - it's reassuring to hear this has happened to others as well...i've had piles before but none have ever done this!

team pc- i def would try and start treating them asap... i got proctesydel ointment off my doctor and it was working quite well to "relieve" the pain from them...however with my last pregnancy there was nothing that made them go away until after the birth once i could use the supposetries- then they cleared up quite quickly...

oh well let's see what today brings...got a bit of a better nights sleep last night and could lay on my side again thankfully.

We're off to a new kiddies playcentre after nursery today called Jungle Adventure and it's a lovely day again.. just hope it's not as windy!

hi ,I'm a pile novice...just got my first one yesterday...bloody hurts ! can you get anusol over the counter or do you have to see your gp ? mine is always so busy it could take a few days before I can get an appointement !

hi ,I'm a pile novice...just got my first one yesterday...bloody hurts ! can you get anusol over the counter or do you have to see your gp ? mine is always so busy it could take a few days before I can get an appointement !

I think it's available over the counter but I'm not sure - th MW gave it to me in hospital x

Aw treeze, that sounds not too good! i've never had piles before *touch wood* so not too sure what its like personally, but i know its not pleasant!

Glad you got a better sleep last night, nothing worse than a bad nights sleep when really you need all the rest you can get.

On a weather note... yesterday was brutal! Hope it calms down today, and you don't get blown about! x x

thanks Jodie,I'm off to boots , see what they say..if not I'll try to get an appointement..never knew it was that painful ! Feels like I have a baboon 's arse ! lol

oh wookie.. hope they're not too bad... i managed to get that proctesydl ointment by just ringing my doctors and they said to put a note into the surgery asking doctor to prescribe it (although i have used it before so knew it was good)... but i think any over the counter cream will help to relieve them anusol, germaloids etc.. i think some you can just get straight off the shelf in supermarkets.

i haven't had them since i was pregnant last time and i rememeber then they were the thing which gave me the most grief out of the whole pregnancy! Even my stitches hurt less than the piles!!

Treeze ,that's good to know...was starting thinking if I can't deal with this how will I cope with the stitches ! thanks for the advice,I will call the surgery and ask if I can pick up a prescription,after all it's seems a waste of time to see a GP over Heamorrhoids !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back