Tips please

Colleen1988

Reaction score
My LO is 16 month old, he has an ear infection and gp has prescribed amoxicillin, he's completely off his food and drink and won't even take his medicine, he clenches his teeth shut and squirms like crazy so I can't get the antibiotic into him. Any tips?

Have you got a little syringe to give it him that way? Try putting it in his cheek apparently that way they're forced to swallow. I was off everything and seemed ill as a dog in bed when I had amoxicillin. I've found them so awful that I now get different ones usually the pharmacy can give you them syringes as well as give you advice on what ways you can administer it x

As long as he is getting water at the very least make sure even if he doesn't like it you persist.

I usually syringe but my wee one is smaller but you can get those dummies which dispense medicine if he takes a dummy?

Or hide it in some orange dilute or something - just an oz or so to make sure he takes the whole lot.

Hope your lo is well soon. Ear infections are awful. Usually they say they settle within 72 hr but ofcourse that's with paracetamol and antibiotics.

xxxx

If he will have yoghurt try syringing a bit of amoxicillin in with each spoonful for yoghurt. That work with my son when nothing else worked. Good luck :)

Thanks guys, I tried the syringe down the cheek thing which worked, he did try to spit it out but I sort of scooped it back in! He's like a new child today, sipping on his juice and eating some fruit purée :) thank god! Absolutely nothing worse than your baby being poorly is there! thanks for your replies cxx

Good! Glad to hear it's starting to work so quick and he's starting to feel better . I've heard ear infections proper have been doing it's rounds lately poor baba's x

Yeah he's more himself now, still hasn't really got his appetite back but he's drinking plenty, I'm giving him formula just to get some vitamins into him xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back