Tips on using Angel Sounds Doppler

Sol

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have bought an Angel Sounds Doppler but am having problem finding babys heart beat.
Has anyone got any tips as I'd really love to share the sound with hubby and am currently feeling a little down that I can't do this.

Any advice is welcome.

Sol xxxxxxxxxxx

I don't have one of these but I always suggest trying ultrasound gel or similar to people with dopplers as with mine I can hear NOTHING even now without the gel! x

I meant that I don't have an angel sounds one, I do have a Doppler though! x

Be very patient! It sometimes takes me a while! I find it easier to use oil than the gel and lots of it!! Start by pubic bone and keep sweeping sideways across tummy working up!! You should still find HB under belly button quite close to pubic bone! Hope that helps x x

Thanks for the tips guys I think I will try after din dins Tried for like alf an hour earlier but put it down to me as I had trouble finding my own heartbeat. It's just a little worrying I guess.

Thanks Again

Sol xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the tips guys I think I will try after din dins Tried for like alf an hour earlier but put it down to me as I had trouble finding my own heartbeat. It's just a little worrying I guess.

Thanks Again

Sol xxxxxxxxxxx

Remmber the babys heartbeat is alot faster than ours so sounds like a train x:wave:

It helps if you have a full bladder before hand. When putting Doppler on your belly, start low and move slowly. I move it in different angles too, don't worry about pressing a bit firmly, baby will be fine. Oh and lots of gel! Good luck!

I got mine for £15 but you can also hire them ( i think these are a bit better to be honest. I think Emma hired one but not sure how she ogt on with it.

Sol xxxxxxxxx

I got mine for £15 but you can also hire them ( i think these are a bit better to be honest. I think Emma hired one but not sure how she ogt on with it.

Sol xxxxxxxxx

where did u get yours from?

Ooooo nice :) does it stick to your belly lol

I haven't heard great things about the summer one amanda. I'm
sure you'll be fine as your 21 weeks but if you look at the reviews some struggle to hear the HB till their in 3rd trimester. I did a bit of research before I bought mine and for the money I'd definately recommend the angel sounds. I bought mine from amazon.

Hope this helps xx

I have the angel sounds doppler... I didnt hear hb on it until about 20 weeks... although my friends could find it earlier. Mine was mainly down to the fact that the little man liked to be on his tummy around that time. I found keeping the doppler in a central place but nudging baby to get his to move towards it helped a lot. Just stay patient!

I have the same, and I never heard Odhráns heartbeat, the only thing I heard was when he kicked right on the sensor! I was really disappointed but friends of mine who have the same thing said they heard their babys hb! Maybe it was my wrong doing x

Thanks everyone. I will keep trying would really like to share this with hubby.

As a backup I have my 20 weeks scan next week and asked the girls in the hospital if they can doppler me so hubby can hear the heart beat too and they said they would which really cheered me up today:) I Haven't told him yet as I'm going to surprise him :)

Last edited:
i found that i had to use lots of lubricant with this, i used to cover my tummy in a thick layer of yooca butter and it worked much better... obvs u dont have to use cocoa butter, any moisturiser would do lol xxx

I have angel sounds one too. Heard the heartbeat for a very short period this morning :) Couldnt find it again afterwards though. I made sure I had a full bladder and lots of gel, otherwise all you can hear is interference. Wish the angel sounds had a seperate doppler though, like the ones they use in hospital, I imagine they'd be a lot easier to angle.

i find using a greasy moisturiser really helps, i found mien from about 13weeks, really low down to the left of my pubic bone. still really strong there now although i can hear it on the opposite side of my cump too (which worries me thinkingit's bloody twins that weren't picked up on the 14week scan!)

i have to press in quite hard to pick it up and tilt the doppler slightly on an angle too, babies HB is twice the speed of yours, some people say it sounds like galloping horses/a train but i personally wouln't compare it to either!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back