tips for TTCers - my changes

stephj25

Reaction score
Hi guys

I know how frustrating it is waiting to get pregnant so I just wanted to share my tips. I was TTC for over 10 months - had a change in diet and everything changes!! I honestly didn't think it would ever happen. but stay calm, hang in there and it will happen.

so, what was different this month - extreme changes!!:-
Didn't eat/drink:
- red meat
- wheat
- chocolate
- eggs
- caffeine
- alcohol
- dairy, including milk
- cheese

^^^^ Basically these are things that can make you bloated or constipated - it was mostly for my endo but I really think it helped with getting pregnant. Also lost 2 stone in 3 months so can't be bad!!

preseed used everytime we BD'd
legs in the air after BDing - didn't go to the loo for as long as possible after
ovulation tests (ICs)
Didn't get stressed out with TTC as I was wedding planning!!

I hope I helped - Good luck guys

Crikey, you deserve that bfp.....that list of things is basically all i eat!!!
Don't think i could give it all up!

Congrats again hun!

I know, I ate at least one of them each meal before!! it was a massive change. Although, after drinking rice milk, I've gone off milk milk!! how strange

that is helpful, thank you for being so thoughtful :)

If I don't get a bfp this month me and hubby are changing our diet - he has already given up alcohol without me asking (bless him!)

Quick practical question regarding not going to the loo after BDing - do you think this makes a big difference?? It's just I can only keep the spermies in the right place if I stay lying down after sex...and that gets a bit boring after a while. But if that's what it takes then that is what I shall do - might move the tv into the bedroom so I can just watch dvds with my legs in the air!

That's pretty impressive to cut out all those things... I'm struggling with caffeine and alcohol alone! Congrats again hun, just shows that it will happen with patience! Xxxx

And mrsblue I agree about getting bored lying down/with legs in the air! I only managed 20 mins today and had to get up :( xxxx

heehee thanks blondy - glad someone else has the same issue as me!!

I can't say that's why I got pregnant but that is what I did. I just read a book, went on laptop or played on angry birds with my legs in the air!! - I know it sounds daft but I guess every little change helps eh?

(TMI) if I went to the loo after (which I would have to do if I stood up), I felt like I lost all that hard work!! haha, not sure if anyone else feels the same?

Thanks for the congrats :)

yes I feel like that - like the hard work is literally going down the toilet!!! But then I think of all the people who get pregnant without meaning to, and so it must be possible both ways :)

thanks again for the tips xx

i did that same girls :) well sorta i cut out all alcohol, all caffine switched to de-caf coffee, fags. ate a healthier diet. apart from i was told milk especially full fat helped conception so i switched to that. and everyday i took folic acid, multi vits and omega 3 so body was healthy ..

i counted my ovulating days and tested had bd on all 5 days i was positive and after lifter my legs in the air, did it mostly at night to i could sleep with it still in my and with a pillow under my hips :)

also this might seem obvious and tmi .. but make sure your other have goes really deep when its that time

i just noticed how bad my spelling was in that... must have an early baby brain lol

lol, I know the feeling Minxies!!

oooh, you just reminded me - I started drinking green tea too (decaf) - just another tip

Thanks for the tips, talk bout dedication, I defo need to take a leave out of ur book :).

CONGRATS btw :) :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back