SPD and labour, any tips?

olivum

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

Just wondered is anyone has any tips for dealing wth SPD during labour? I find that if the baby is in a low position my SPD is sooooo painful that i can barely walk, which i'm assuming is going to mean a painful labour! I've dealt with labour before by walking lots and lots and the thought of not being able to do that it terrorising me!!!!

if anyone has any tips or has been through labour with SPD and can let me know what its like i'd be so grateful!!

Rachel xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Might be better off posting this in the Ask a Mum section. In fact, if I remember rightly, there is a similar thread there at the moment :D

Have you seen a physio? They usually advise you on the do's and don'ts in labour.

Mine measured how far I can opened my legs and recorded it in my notes. She said to avoid an epidural as you can do more damage and just to make the midwives present aware you have SPD. I don't think it particularly makes labour any more painful though.

olivum said:
Hi :wave:

Just wondered is anyone has any tips for dealing wth SPD during labour? I find that if the baby is in a low position my SPD is sooooo painful that i can barely walk, which i'm assuming is going to mean a painful labour! I've dealt with labour before by walking lots and lots and the thought of not being able to do that it terrorising me!!!!

if anyone has any tips or has been through labour with SPD and can let me know what its like i'd be so grateful!!

Rachel xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been told that SPD won't make labour anymore painful at all.
Just been advised that the best way to give birth for me is on all fours instead of being on my back with legs open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back