AROMATHERAPY TIPS FOR LABOUR

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by littlebump, Oct 11, 2005.

1. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies

One of my friends got the following from an aromatherapist she knows. I thought you might find it useful: -

Obviously if you are interested in aromatherapy it's advisable to seek professional advice, but I like the idea that aromatherapy could be an effective way of relieving pain naturally!!

LBxx

2. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

There is a lot to be said for it. My friend's husband is an holistic therapist and she delivered twins naturally with no pain relief except essential oils!

3. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

Crikey - twins and absolutely no pain relief!!

I've hired a TENS machine, but I'm definitely going to look a little bit more into aromatherapy - the hospital is fine for us to take in whatever oils we want apparently - we just can't use candle oil burners (for obvious reasons!!).

LBxx

4. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

Cool- thanks for that! I actually have all of those oils in my oil box already plus some carrier oil so I shall be getting that together for my hospital bag. I used to use Clary Sage for bad period pains when I was a teenager and it was great so I can well believe that it helps with labour pains. Don't worry- I shan't be opening any of these bottles until the right time!

+++

5. JuicyJess

JuicyJess Well-Known Member

wow thanks, i must get those oils together so i can see if it works for myself :D xxx