Tips and tricks

PinkFlamingo

Reaction score
What’s everyone tried/doing to help conceive? Seen a few of you mention Brazil nuts lately, so will be getting some of those.
Any other tips?

Due to me being referred for IVF, I have done a lot of research this week and apparently beetroot juice to help blood circulation to the uterus.
People that have a desk job and doesn’t move around a lot doesn’t get much blood flow to the uterus.
Going to buy some beetroot juice and start that. A glass a day I think. Yuck! X

Due to me being referred for IVF, I have done a lot of research this week and apparently beetroot juice to help blood circulation to the uterus.
People that have a desk job and doesn’t move around a lot doesn’t get much blood flow to the uterus.
Going to buy some beetroot juice and start that. A glass a day I think. Yuck! X

:sick: Sounds lovely!! Blimey, the things we do! X

What’s everyone tried/doing to help conceive? Seen a few of you mention Brazil nuts lately, so will be getting some of those.
Any other tips?

Hi pinkflamingo.
when i caught i made a active effort to have lots of Guaifenesin. i drunk it daily from af - ovulation, i believe its important its not taken past ovulation? so be sure... :)
also both times i caught we had a long'ish abstinence period before dtd. 4 days minimum etc, but i think in order to do this successfully you need to know your body v v well, so v aware of cervix changes and cm.
i didnt do anything else different. i took a pregnancy supplement for my recent pregnancy when ttc and 200mcg folate. thats because pregnancy supplement stuff can have a lot of good stuff for fertility, stuff that promotes blood flow around overies etc. i was taking a asda multivitamin however i stopped and switched to santogen mum 2 be once i got pregnant as i was paranoid, and didnt want 100% vitamin e.
oh, we also used pre seed but i used pre seed lots of cycles that were unsuccessful as well.

I’m watching this thread like a hawk for some good tips :)

Hiya, so I went to see a nutritionist this week to help balance out my hormones as have PCOS and cycles can be a bitch. however we spoke a lot about ttc diet, Anyway she basically said this:

Cut out all alcohol, caffeine, cigarettes, processed foods.
Introduce lots more veggies to my diet, I’m probs getting 4-5 she said needs to be more like 6-8.
High protein in all meals (important for hormone balance and healthy strong eggs)
Complex carbs, quinoa, buckwheat, whole grains, oats, pulses
2 x salmon (any oily fish) a week
She recommended I looked at Zita West supplements.
She also highly recommended that in my 2ww I was very calm, eating calming foods (porridge, nuts, seeds, veg), and enjoying some me time doing some self care.
I do an exercise class 3 x a week and she said to maybe find an alternative that is less strenuous on the body (yoga or Pilates)
She said the calmer my body and less toxins im putting in the more likely it is to accept and implant.
Lastly she said I should buy the book Zita West Eat Yourself Pregnant, goes into a lot more detail of how you can prepare you’re body to create the best possible environment for you to conceive.

I don’t know if this will help anyone but thought I’d share.

xx

Will be trying beetroot juice now! Thanks char!

this month I’m on Brazil nuts along with cashews and peanuts, folic acid, pineapple, pure cranberry juice, fluffy socks for warm feet, no alcohol/caffeine, no hot baths (I dunno if that actually makes a difference but I remember when I was pregnant with my son I was told to stay away from really hot baths as they can cause miscarriage so I figure if they can cause that then they can cause you to not implant?!), dried fruits such as prunes & dates! Seeds!!!
Trying to get up and about! I’m normally fairly active but I’m on holiday from work for two weeks so trying not to be lazy!

I will be switching to a proper pre-natal soon and not just folic acid if this month doesn’t work out for me! Xxx

Also I’m forever reading a meme type thing online that says that for women cuddling your partner can help with stress and anxiety so I’m right into cuddling just now lol! Sounds silly but I figure having a good cuddle sesh can help too xx

Loving this thread! I am currently into yoga and meditation. I am trying to actively avoid stress and stay calm even when things go tits up :rotfl: I am into brazil nuts for both me and hubby. 3 a day. Pomegranate juice. I have made a Yogi tea blend this week which is infused with black pepper, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and fresh ginger. I also drink a cup of Tetleys peppermint detox tea which has added selenium. My outlook at the minute is just really trying to look after my body and put good healthy stuff in!

One thing to add ladies - if you can try and switch your folic acid to folate. That’s all I keep reading when looking into keeping eggs healthy etc. X

Can you buy folate in supermarkets the same as you can folic acid? Xx

Can you buy folate in supermarkets the same as you can folic acid? Xx

I also recommend folate. reason i switched was because i miscarried my last baby, i was looking for why it happened. i did a spot of googling and remembering. i remembered years ago the drs said i was low in folic acid. this made me think perhaps i wasnt getting enough so baby died. so what i did was introduce 200mcg of folate on top of folic acid. folate i know is better as its the active form of folic acid so is easy absorbed.. if for some reason my body couldnt absorb folic acid i wanted to have a back up of folate on top.. for a long while i took 600mcg of folate a day until i found the pregnancy supplement i was happy with and thought was safest now i just take pregnancy supplement and 200mcg folate. I began folate pretty quickly after my miscarriage. i hope it helps some how, seems so far it was a good call i made :)

I will be watching this thread closely too! Love hearing all of the different things everyone is doing. I have started acupuncture this week for intertility along with always keeping my feet warm and drinking tea at least once or twice a day to keep "my belly warm" and help bring circulation to my uterus. Also have been doing yoga and running at least twice each during the week for stress management. Can't hurt to try more! Plus I just feel better keeping stress down.

I've now ordered some folate on Amazon prime! Cant hurt! I guess I'm ok to take this on top of my usual Pregnacare vit? I've bought 400mg.

I've now ordered some folate on Amazon prime! Cant hurt! I guess I'm ok to take this on top of my usual Pregnacare vit? I've bought 400mg.
I was just wondering this too.

I also started taking coQ10 before I got my bfp but stopped so now CP has been confirmed I'll be back taking that tomorrow morning xx

I do & i am pregnant i think generally 600mcg is recommended to pregnant women anyway? Cant be sure i dont think a extra 200 will hurt? Plus your just being safe this way.

When i got pregnant this one i was on:
Asda pregnancy supplement which had 400 folic acid
200 mcg folate (i just broke a 400 one in half best as i could)
2 scoops myo inositol
300mg coq10

Like Natalie8964, I am practicing yoga and meditation, and considering having acupuncture

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back