• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thumb Sucking

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
Odhrán has always had a go at his thumb, in hospital, only a day old he got his own thumb into his mouth and was chugging away at it.. It was probably pot luck he got it in that young, but he has got it in a lot in the past weeks.. And even if he doesnt get it in, he tries and tries, is it a natural thing for a baby to suck their thumb? Or is it a case of every baby is different? Just curious.. Definitly think LO is going to be a thumb sucker.. I am trying to guide it in for him when he can't get it in himself.. He seems to get great comfort from doing it.. And its super cute :lol:

Www bless my son was breast fed so we kept him off dummies for a good while and he found his fingers I know a few non pasafiying babies that suck their fingers/thumb it's sweet isn't it and much better than a dummy lol x x x

kenzie tried to suck his thimb when he was a baby but gave up :D

it is so much better than a dummy. i was a thumb sucker and im ?? years old :x and still have the odd time where i realise i have my thumb in mouth:whistle::whistle:

:lol: I know someone in their 20's who does it too Karen! Just like any other habit :)

Evie, don't know what to believe, one tells me it gives babies buck teeth and another tells me it's better than a dummy :lol:

i#ve got two thumb suckers! katie is almost never seen without her thumb in her mouth and it drives me mad :lol: was a nightmare over winter cos her thumb got really red and sore cos of the cold! i tried ella with a dummy, but she was havign none of it, she's tonnes happier with her whole fist in her mouth!

:lol: @ Ellas fist..

I know :cloud9: I love it when he gets it in by himself :yay:

Jack is a thumb sucker too, has been from been tiny, it use to makeme laugh cos he'd stick it up his nose trying to get it in. Whoops bad mummy :blush:

cute, but i'd be v careful can be a nightmare with there teeth wen older! sorry can u tell i'm a dental nurse lol

I love it when they suck their thumbs... Sam used to do it as he was falling asleep all the time, but completely stopped when he was a few months old and hasn't sucked it since. Toby's sucked his a few times too but doesn't suck it to fall asleep as Sam used to!

:cloud9: It's so cute..

Thanks mel_ed, was wondering about this.. You hear so many different things x

& Its ok MrsH I laugh when Odhrán does similar things too :lol: x

My 1st had a dummy and it was a nightmare.... dropping out and going on the floor and then the time came to remove altogether. Nightmare.

My youngest found her own thumb pretty soon. She is 3 now and still sucks her thumb now and again for comfort. She is so cute though. she says "I don't suck my thumb at nursery cos Daisy will laugh at me" so she saves it for tired moments. And also if her hands are dirty she says "My thumbs are so cold" cos she knows they can't go in her mouth. Her teeth seem fine..... at the moment, fingers crossed x

My girls both suck their 2 middle fingers, William mostly sucked his thumb but he's grown out of it now. I've never bothered with dummies as I think they're more hassle than their worth. I would prefer it if they didn't suck fingers though because Sophie's have been really red and sore this winter too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back