Thumb Sucking

lucylou

Reaction score
I'm worried about Charlie sucking his thumb, he does it all the time now and it's impossible to take it away from him, it just goes straight back in his mouth. I don't want him to end up with a funny thumb or it to effect his teeth.

We've tried a dummy but he doesn't want it. What do I do? x

I was going to say persevere with thrying a dummy 0- try different types too. Some babies like the 'cherry' style, others like the flatter orthadontic style.

Sorry I can't help more. Damien has just found his thumb and realised he can suck his hand in the last few days and now he prefers it to his dummy, and he has had a dummy from birth :shock:

Hope he stops soon x

Seren also likes sucing on her thumb but we are lucky in that she doesn't do so to sleep so I think that she will just grow out of it. There isn't really much you can do, obviously a baby is too small to try any of the nasty tasting nail varnishes etc. I would just wait and see how it goes, if he still doing it as a toddler then perhaps this would be the time to try other methods. I sucked my thumb til I was 13 but I was 2 when I started. Charlie may just grow out of it, the majority do. Don't worry about the thuimb, mine is fine and not lots smaller like my school nurse said it would go. I did need braces but like I said I was 13 when I stopped.

i wouldn't worry about it. its more so when they start getting their adult teeth. i wa also told that the orthodontic dummies are just a gimmick and have no benefit. by a dentist. ewan has always refused a dummy.

Dior has only had one type of tummy from birth the moment i put some thing dif in her mouth she spits it bk out, she will only have latex shaped soothers from boots

My daughter sucked her thumb from about 1 month old although we tried really hard to stop it we just couldnt. The good thing is she never lost, never had to get up to her at night to find it and put it back in so it does have benefits. At 2 we used nail polish on thumb as it was sore and told her that she couldn't put it in her mouth as it was nasty and she has never sucked it since (in fact it was easier for her to stop this than friends children stopping sucking dummy)

I guess what I am saying is don't worry about it!!!! I won't worry at all if this baby sucks its thumb!!

i think its cute lol, it must be a nateral babay thing they even do it in the whom

kylie still has a dummy and she will have any kind lol but demi will only have the tesco ones. lol she sumtimes sucks her thumb but only i f she hasnt got her dummy
luv marylou xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back