Thrush

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Well now Hannah has thrush! Honestly what else can happen?! Lol. Got some ointment to try and get on her tongue and some cream for my nipples. Hopefully I have caught it early as it isn't yet affecting her feeding but it now means boiling everything after use and no expressed milk while she being treated. Will mean more formula in short term but as long as she gets better. Will make sure I feed her off me wherever possible. We have to top her up cos of when she was poorly and we were using expressed mostly for this but not to worry. Only short term hopefully xx

I wonder why they haven't given you the oral suspension? Sophie has had a few bouts because of her being on antiobiotics and they gave me some yellow medicine to give after she had fed. Cleared it up well but doesnt half stain clothes! X

We had the yellow liquid too, it helped a bit but still not gone after a full bottle. I found it difficult to wake him up after a feed to give it to him

awww hun....bless u...keep goung..uve been a super strong lady..inspiration to all other mummys x

Yeah we have the yellow oral stuff. Yeah it does stain!!! I just hope enough is staying where it is meant too cos half gets spat back out at me and half swallowed! Can only do my best. Try and squeeze a bit each cheek and then on her tongue xx don't think I actually have it cos my nipples feel okay xx

James has thrush too we've been given nyastin?? Sp?? To be given 4 times a day for 10days xx

My thrush wouldn't budge but I read you need to use the cream more often because thrush grows in 90 mins. I used my cream after every feed and it cleared up in 2 days!

well they have given me 3 tubes worth so think i will keep slapping it on xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back