thrush and pregnancy

monster_munch

Reaction score
A close friend of mine is about 10 weeks or so and suspects she has thrush. She's asked me why it says you can't use the thrush creams when pregnant?? I said i have no clue as i've never knowingly had thrush so never used them, but does anyone on here know?
I've said to ask her midwife (who was mine so i know is utterly lovely) but she is a bit embarrassed. Does anyone know? I don't like to think of her not getting treated because she is embarrassed :-(

I had thrush when pregnant. I was just given a prescription for the pessary and the cream. They didn't have the one in the chemist so she gave me the Caneston (sp) stuff that's on the telly.

i was told you can't use the oral tablet, but the cream was fine - not sure about pessarys!

i was prescribed the pessaries when i was preggas with millie but i struggled with them lol so bought some cream! and have used it in this pregnancy too- it doesnt say anywhere on the cream tube that u cant use it??? its canesten i use

Thanks for the replies.

I'll let her know about the cream.

(I found some bumf on the internet about using live yoghurt... we've been having a laugh about how to apply it - I suggested applying it to her husbands winkie and making love. Would that work?? :lol: )

(I found some bumf on the internet about using live yoghurt... we've been having a laugh about how to apply it - I suggested applying it to her husbands winkie and making love. Would that work?? )

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: i nearly wet myself laughing when i read that

anyway....i used the pessaries during all 3 of my pregnancies (i had thrush at the beginning of each pregnancy thats how i knew i was preggers :lol: )
my dr seemed to think that the cream would've been ok too - maybe its a precautionary suggestion about not using it during pregnancy :think: either way thrush is very common during pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back