Three year old overnight poops.

LaceyKeo

Reaction score
Another one from me, sorry.

DS suffers quite bad nappy rash, has done on and off for months.

The problem I'm having is that he often seems to poo at some point in the night, but doesn't wake for a change.

Should I be waking him every so often to check?

Any ideas? Xx

My lo occasionally poops overnight and he doesn't wake either.

I always check him before I go to bed and I'll change him if he's been but sometimes I'll just find it in the morning!

Could you put a barrier cream on him before bed just in case?

XX

Currently in the bathroom, I have:

Metanium white.
Metanium yellow.
Vasaline.
Clotrowhatsit thrush cream.
Conotrane (from doc).
Fugithingy (from doc.
Also, thanks to my daughter, breastmilk is available.

I've tried all the above to varying degrees with different brands of nappies and pull ups.

Kid still rashes in the blink of an eye. :( xx

I'd recommend the Weleda Calendula Nappy Cream!

My son pooped at night the other night after his dad been given him normal cows milk and the poop fest began... He doesn't seem to tolerate milk very well but how what and where is still trying to be figured out. I use weleda too the minute I see a slight bit of red near his bum and it sorts it really quick.

I'm inclined to think that either pooing hurts, so he might stop himself from going so it just comes out naturally once asleep. Or he's reacting to something in his food which might explain the rash too such as allergies or intolerance.

So we're still ongoing with this.
Ridiculous amount of rashes.

He's definitely not holding poo in... He goes 5/6 times a day (HV confirmed today, that's a looot).
I'm starting to wonder about his diet now too. Something's definitely weird.

Got loads of toilet trying help from HV home visit today, so hoping we can nail this pretty quick.

Definitely gonna check out this wedela stuff. Where do I get it from? Xx

Boots! Its best when on offer 1/3 off!

What are his stools like, consistency wise and what colour?

It really does sound like there could be a food allergy or intolerance involved. One of the most common in children is allergy to cows milk protien. Maybe try cutting dairy out of his diet for a couple of weeks and see what happens?

He drinks a fair amount of milk.

He's very... Pasty. Hummus is the nearest thing I can think of to describe it. It's usually a light brown, sometimes almost yellow.

Any ideas if that means anything?

Thanks for the help ladies xx

Same with my son but that more apparent when he's having either normal milk or petit filous yoghurts.

I'm thinking it could also be excess lactose if he's drinking a fair amount of milk. For that reason I'm still on toddler milk as its no more than 500 Mls a day for normal milk. We've just had the clear that it's not lactose intolerance which can be tested by having his poop sent off. I would request a referral to the dietitian through the health visitor so you could try dairy or wheat free diet!

The colour of the poop is not the colour you want, it might be on the acidic side which could explain the nappy rash x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back