HELP! 17 month old won't go to bed!

emmab

Reaction score
We moved house about two months ago, and put our DS in cot bed. He was fine for about 3 weeks, but since then he refuses to go to bed! He screams the place down and climbs out of bed and lays on the floor screaming! For two weeks I sat in his bedroom and everytime he go out of bed I put him back in, without making a fuss. This didn't work and it was often gone 11pm when he finally gave up. I've tried getting into bed with him, but this makes no difference.

Things have got worse over the last few weeks, I've found out I'm pregnant again, and am suffering with really bad sickness, as my OH works four evenings a week, I kind of gave up and didn't have the energy to fight DS and now he will only sleep in my bed with me. OH has been on the sofa most nights!

Any ideas how to break this habit, shall we try putting the cot back up? Or let him cry? The other problem we have is our 3 year old daughter can't sleep when he's screaming the place down!

Help, please ?????? Thanks x

i would let him cry... so do a supernanny move itll only take a few nights to get him sorted... :D good luck xx

I believe that perseverence is the key! Its so difficult to do but you have to just stick with the same thing, try letting him cry for say 5 mins, then go back in and settle him (the best you can) and then leave - do it again for 10 mins before going back in, dont speak to him..settle him gently and then leave again, this time leave it a bit longer - you will have balls of steel by the time you're done! He will eventually give in and realise there is no point and its very boring (hopefully..for you!)

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back