thoughts on life after the baby...

i'm saying all that now...once it's here i will be like some crazy person. ha ha....i am quite laid back although i do like to have things planned out in my head......but i am quite good at coping with situations, i dont flap easily....so fingers crossed i will cope with being a new mum..

the labour....not so sure im gonna cope with that...lol....but i will have to now, its gotta come out somehow!!! xx

I want to stay at home and look after my little girl...going to try and get out and about with her though even if it is just going to town. It will be summer so i could do alot of walking with the pram to try and loose the weight. I have put loads on :( gonna start eating healthier now i think. OH only works part time so he will be around most of the day too and probably my mam so i will have help if i am struggling...hopefully won't need it though. Just the break now and again x

Last edited:
I am having a full 12 months off (and with annual leave and bank hols to use up from the year I'm off it should be more like 13 months, woo hoo!) and then go back full time because I would like another not too long after my first and I don't want to lose the full-time maternity package until I've had number two. Ideally after that I would like to go back 3 days a week. In a perfect world I would stay off full time but we couldn't afford that. We're not sure yet who will look after baby when I go back to work - I haven't really got anyone who could do it full time for me so it will probably have to be some kind of paid childcare unless we can work something out with various family.

I hope to do plenty of walks with baby and dog to get out and about, and I also imagine I'll become a super dancer with my Kinect lol. My nana, MIL and next door neighbour all want to take baby for walks down the beach too so baby should certainly get plenty of fresh air.

Last edited:
I am just going to enjoy being a mum and myself, OH, DS and baby being a family.....

When I had my DS I was so caught up in worrying and things I thought I should be doing - like losing the weight, feeding routines, spending time with OH etc that I did not enjoy it at all....

this was the same as me,...............i spent all my time trying to get bk to what i had b4 but with a baby in toe, trying to keep a busy life style going / loosing weight/ going out etc that in fact i missed out in a big part of my sons life an actually didnt enjoying it to the fullest as i could ov, with my son i could never see an end to the lack of sleep and night feds then b4 i knew it he was 2, they grow up sooooooooooooooooo fast i wont be loosing one moment of this ones lil life by silly thing that will prop fall in to place all by them self's anyway,

im more worried about being able to cope with a 2 1/2 year old an a new born, as most of time ill be on my own, just hope i can do it but im sure i can x

This is something i've thought about a lot lately. Not so much weight loss, but more along the lines of career plans post baby. I'll be taking 9 months off work and then i have to go back for a minimum of 3 months (otherwise i have to pay my maternity leave back!) but i'm not really that happy in my job and would like to be on something better paid. I've been considering doing a teaching qualification and trying to get some experience in schools etc while on maternity leave. I don't know how working part time, studying for a PGCE and trying to get work placements etc would work when i have a baby to look after though :S

My only disappointment about finding out i was pregnant was that i didn't feel i'd have the opportunity to pursue my career aspirations, especially because i've done a degree as well. But now i feel more determined to succeed for baby as well as myself xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back